Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It's not that i hate the character or want her to go away but the writers just blurred over her transition from player into leader by suggesting she came into it during Barry's absence. They should have spent more time showing that because it doesn't feel natural to me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
      Iris is now the team leader? Barking orders?

Glad I’m not watching this anymore...sooooo glad...

Give me a heads up when her character is killed off (wishing for a miracle, crossing fingers)...I might be back on board...

Yeah, I'm with ya Hector...I'm done too.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
        Yeah, I'm with ya Hector...I'm done too.

sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Yes!
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Despite the appearance of Katie Sackoff's "Allo Guvner!" character last night, the show was firing on all cylinders last night IMO.

The villain is threatening, Iris finally got called to task for being team lead and great cliff hanger!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

If they do a good version of "The Trial of the Flash" I'll give them tons of credits. That storyline murdered the original comic, but done right, it could be engaging.

Yeah, I really dislike Katie Sackoff's character, and I'm actually frightened to death she's going to bite me with her huge teeth the way she talks, but it was a really good and clever episode overall.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Last night's episode was fantastic...one of the best of the series IMO.

Did not see that twist ending coming! What a cliffhanger!

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Yeah, I really dislike Katie Sackoff's character, and I'm actually frightened to death she's going to bite me with her huge teeth the way she talks, but it was a really good and clever episode overall.
                  Now, I normally adore her and she's very talented but she's just not pulling this off.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^It might be one of those performances that will eventually grow on the audience (or at least me) like Captain Cold. That interpretation came across as WAY too broad and hammy at first, but he stuck to it, and now I just accept it as his character.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^It might be one of those performances that will eventually grow on the audience (or at least me) like Captain Cold. That interpretation came across as WAY too broad and hammy at first, but he stuck to it, and now I just accept it as his character.
                      I agree that Cold went from painful to beloved (I guess so did Rory) but neither of them sounded like a chimney sweep from a high school production of "My Fair Lady".

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Hee hee.

Yeah, it's strange that she's so out there. She makes the Ralph Dibny character seem subtle.

And will the PLEASE give Ralph a REAL suit? Like this one? This is my favorite, and less like Plastic Man the Bronze Age JLA look:

or the JLU version:

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I can't stand the way Blacksmith is played, just too much of...everything. And her pail of shrapnel is ridiculous. Loved this episode, though.

Chris, I agree: Ralph needs a proper suit.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

since Ralph actually commented he does not have a code name, I am thinking they will give him a name, and a new suit in the second half. great mid season episode. agree on all counts for Katee, although I admit she was far less annoying this time around then the first episode she was in. the bad accent is really distracting though

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              I can't stand the way Blacksmith is played, just too much of...everything. And her pail of shrapnel is ridiculous.
                              "pail of shrapnel"
                              for some reason the true stupidity of it never sank in until I read that!
                              so since she's in charge do her minions carry it for her? is she powerless without it?
                              "ooooohhh, you're so lucky I don't have my bucket with me right now!"

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Lol so true. She's really nasty in the comics, but she's ferrokinetic and just makes use of metal in her vicinity. Doubtless the pail is a concession to TV CGI. Her comics costume is sort of SM and has been toned down a lot, too.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 8, '17, 10:51 PM.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎