Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I can't say I'm overly impressed with the reductive interpretation of Black Bison, but I'll tell you this: If she somehow created a DC-TV version of Brother Power, I'd weep with joy.

Ralph is growing on me, but I hope to see Sue.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Was another fun episode, no Iris & Joe drama to ruin it. Really liking Dibny, yeah he's a bit of a ham but it's a breath of fresh air this show needs. Now give him a decent mask...the stretching special effects are very good too.
      Council of Wells? It was a silly idea and they played that aspect up. Loved Shprockets Wells!
      Black Bison was a decent villain. I liked her. Hopefully Gerry Conway is getting a creator check from the CW as he's created most of the characters on the shows- Black Bison, Felicity, Killer Frost, Vibe, Firestorm, Vixen, Steel, and others.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

It was cool seeing Firestorm as Stein!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Hopefully Gerry Conway is getting a creator check from the CW as he's created most of the characters on the shows- Black Bison, Felicity, Killer Frost, Vibe, Firestorm, Vixen, Steel, and others.
          I believe Conway IS getting compensated for the characters used on the CW shows now. At first, he wasn't, but he mentioned that to the fan press, and it went pretty viral. Alan Brennert is also getting compensated for the elder Barbara Gordon on Gotham too.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

this week's show was well done and gave the villain a great back story. I do not enjoy Iris as the team lead though, doesn't feel organic to have her rise to the top like that.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah, I really can't stand Iris...she's the Flash's Lana.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

She never bothered me before but seeing her bark orders seemed ..wrong.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

And she said "We're the Flash" again. NO. Just NO. Every time she utters that, a little bit of me dies inside. Otherwise, a very strong episode. The actor playing the Thinker makes for a strong, compelling villain.

I never really disliked Iris much before either. She only skirted "Lana" in a few episodes in season 1. But this season...man she's a NAG. And how she qualifies to run the team is beyond me. Did she quit her reporting job?

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I think for me, I don't see the writing that makes her the team lead. There is no journey to establish that she should be there, i get it, they're getting married but they've Yoko'd the character.

Probably the function lies in the fact that the majority of the characters have powers or skills that lead to action, she doesn't, so she sits in the chair.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Iris is now the team leader? Barking orders?

Glad I’m not watching this anymore...sooooo glad...

Give me a heads up when her character is killed off (wishing for a miracle, crossing fingers)...I might be back on board...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Wally's back, too. Let the whining begin.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I’m now quadruple glad, lol...
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah Wally shows up and Ralph is MIA.
                            Barry continually pokes the bear and gets in trouble at work. Joe just looks confused. Iris is the Flash (at least on paper). I hate her, she continues to bring every scene she is in to a standstill, which is odd for someone who claims to be a Flash. She should change that to Flush.
                            Thinker & his wife are excellent. Really liking them. The Thinking Cap was so Golden Age! We need to see him go up against Jay Garrick in a stand alone episode!!
                            Crisis next week!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Give me a heads up when her character is killed off (wishing for a miracle, crossing fingers)...I might be back on board...
                              Last season's plot was the big bad trying to kill Iris, and that didn't happen. So I think we missed our chance. Funny thing is, I didn't want her to bite it last year. Now...kinda yeah.

They did establish that while Barry was in the Speed Force, Iris rallied the troops and led what was left of Team Flash at the time. But the fact that she's still called "the Boss Lady" by her Dad just irks me. Kaitlin, Cisco, Wells, or Joe deserve that title, but not her. She's an out of work journalist.

"We're the Flash" got a chorus of "NO" from the entire Franklin clan. It's the catchphrase that very may well kill this show if they don't let up.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

"they Yoko'd the character" love it. very apt. yeah, I can do without her too. Wally still has the stupid hair too. I hope he is only back for the crisis episode since that is also the wedding episode

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎