X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    yikes, what happened to Katee Sackoff? she used to be so attractive. now she is all gaunt. and the accent was terrible
    She's still attractive but that was definitely not a good look for her. I barely recognized her, it took my wife to finally say "That's not Katee Sackoff right?" for me to google it.

Her accent reminded me of a dorm mate I had once, she had gone to the UK for six weeks but used the faux accent for the whole year after.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

yikes, what happened to Katee Sackoff? she used to be so attractive. now she is all gaunt. and the accent was terrible
      She still looks great in Longmire...

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah, she was a pretty lame ripoff of Magneto, and hauling a bucket of scrap metal around is just stupid. What exactly did the Weeper's drug tears do anyway? None of the dealers seemed overly affected by them...and I agree with you Brian about how they knew they were a drug anyway. Must of been that 70's band, "Sniff 'n' the Tears"!
        Really tired of Felicity's ditzy blonde routine when she is easily the smartest woman in the room. Hopefully she installs an ADT system for STAR Labs.
        Also don't care AT ALL about Joe & whatever his wife's name is and their baby. And now her daughter who will most assuredly gain speed powers in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe Wally can date her and continue the weird incestuous West family creepiness.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh, yeah. I forgot about Cecille's daughter. "Don't judge me. I can be a stripper if I want because...feminism!!!" Some strange mixed messages there, even with the sledge-hammer subtleties of the delivery.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Not my favorite episode.

Blacksmith's skill/power-set, thought still metallic, is handled differently and better (bio/metal fusion) in the comics. No silly shrapnel buckets lol.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^She was supposed to be Blacksmith? Why did they keep calling her Amuette or something like that? Now I remember them mentioning she would be a character this season, but I had no idea it was supposed to be her. She's more like bargain-basement Magneto.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                She's still attractive but that was definitely not a good look for her. I barely recognized her, it took my wife to finally say "That's not Katee Sackoff right?" for me to google it.

Her accent reminded me of a dorm mate I had once, she had gone to the UK for six weeks but used the faux accent for the whole year after.
                yeah, I saw her name in the opening credits and then still could not place her when she appeared. the dark hair and horrible acting threw me off

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I have no idea, Chris. I thought the part was fairly well-written but the portrayal, bizarre. I recall Blacksmith being quite ruthless and bloodthirsty, she was a self-created mutate, not a meta/mutant. I think she ruled the Rogues at one point but was double-crossed/deposed.

I really don't care for how Ralph is written, the memory of Sue keeps intruding.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I just saw the episode (after a year) just because you mentioned her...she’s still attractive to me. The makeup was odd, not a good look, but the way you said it, I was expecting a Walker, lol.

Oh, I still hate everybody on the show...nothing has changed...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                      I just saw the episode (after a year) just because you mentioned her...she’s still attractive to me. The makeup was odd, not a good look, but the way you said it, I was expecting a Walker, lol.

Oh, I still hate everybody on the show...nothing has changed...

after a year?? it was this weeks episode.

come on, you know you secretly love it

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Yeah, my favorite show ever, sure, lol.

Is that Wally dude still throwing temper tantrums for losing his speed a while back?

Iris still alive? She’s still giving self-righteous/all-knowing lecturing speeches to Barry?

Wells, good or bad this time?

Cisco currently in silly bad jokes mode or serious angst up his butt mode?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Last edited by Hector; Nov 9, '17, 11:14 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Wally has his speed, but has left to do his own thing.

Iris declared to Barry "We're the Flash" and now think she runs Team Flash for some reason. Her and Barry are planning their wedding (get out now dude).

Wells is good, but kind of a lovable butt.

Cisco is back to being a smart-***, but is Vibe half the time, with the full powers. He and Gypsy are a couple.

There you go.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Wally has his speed, but has left to do his own thing.

Iris declared to Barry "We're the Flash" and now think she runs Team Flash for some reason. Her and Barry are planning their wedding (get out now dude).

Wells is good, but kind of a lovable butt.

Cisco is back to being a smart-***, but is Vibe half the time, with the full powers. He and Gypsy are a couple.

There you go.
                            Wally gone, good.

Iris...I can’t stand her...if they ever kill her off...I might become a regular watcher again, lol.

Wells, he’s kinda cool...never had anything against him.

Cisco, another one I hate with a passion.

Gustin Grant started as very likable in the beginning...but then he started doing all these stupid decisions, and started bugging the heck outta me. There were these self-angst episodes that quickly turned me off. I hope he’s back to just being that cool dude from the earlier first season again.

The effects are good and his suit looks good.

The Flash is still 100 times better than that horrible Supergirl though...one of the worst shows on TV now, only slightly better than the Kardashians pile of dung...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

This last episode of Flash suffered from the ham-fisted political agenda sledgehammer elements that turned me off of Supergirl. I really like Melissa Benoist, but that show got lost in the weeds quickly in Season 2.

The Flash showrunners have taken stock of the backlash to the angst of the past two seasons and have lightened Barry up considerably. I really like how they are handling him. Overall this season has been a vast improvement, but this week's episode was probably the worst of the run.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

I’ll check out next week’s episode, mainly because of you...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎