Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I caught the tail end of the show last night, a nice twist and one i didn't totally see coming.

As for Mr.s Devoe, my wife asked me last night "do you find that woman attractive?". I found that weird, cause, yeah, she's beautiful.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, this season has really picked up at the end. And yes, Mrs. Devoe is quite attractive, esp. when her hair isn't all plastered back like it has been most of the time. Their backstory was actually well-developed, and I like that DeVoe is a villain with a point. Sure he's nuts, but you can see why he got to it, and why she eventually started drinking his brand of Kool-Aid. It's also refreshing to know he was nuts BEFORE the accelerator explosion/thinking cap mishap.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Also nice seeing Thinker using all the powers from the various metas that he stole, which really ties the season together. Wasn't sorry to see Gypsy go, as that was a pointless subplot. Kinda takes away from Vibe's abilities if there are a number of similar characters, just as it does having extra speedsters.
        More of the mystery girl...is she Joe's kid? Barry& Iris? Good or bad? Do I still care?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

She's probably XS from the Legion, which is Barry and Iris' granddaughter (Impulse's cousin) from the comics. But her parentage may be shifted up or down.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

I have been enjoying this season. I still have a feeling there will be some sort of "reset" at the end and all the bus metas will come back to life. Not just Ralph.
            It's all good!

Comment

• kept back
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 2, 2002

Remember that "Mystery Girl" was introduced during the last crossover in a Supergirl episode. This season of Supergirl also features the Legion of Superheroes and had two members allegedly "in their pods" that we still haven't seen.
              Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                learning all the time
                • Sep 15, 2010

Great opening scene!
                Also summed up my take on the series: they go for those "wow" vfx moments that must not leave much for the writers' budget!
                I'd prefer a more balanced show with less of the "spectacle" vfx shots and more $ for good writing.

It was nice to see Barry use his head (or show he still has one) for a change but why wasn't the plan to take out as many of the satellites as possible? I thought they got a clump of fragments from whatsername (who should probably get together with one of the other Snarts out there) not just one big fragment.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

The one time there is a need to use some of the extra speedsters and they don't call anyone in. Instead they screw around trying to get Vibe to do it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, the show suffers from the same thing comics does: when the crisis is huge and they don't call in everyone. They will when schedules allow, but other than that, no.

But man, this season has picked up at the end. It really sagged in the middle, but had a great beginning, and the ending so far has been exciting. They should really do two storylines per season.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I think Devoe has been the series' best villain so far. Very interesting character and a real, actual threat.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Season has been stretched pretty thin, I'd trim about 6 episodes.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Network tv could learn a lot from Netflix and British television. Do a 6-10 episode season, tight and contained, take a 3 month break, season "two" runs. Rinse and repeat.
                          They kinda sort of do it with their reality shows like Survivor and Dancing with the Stars which are in season 36 & 26 respectively.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                            Network tv could learn a lot from Netflix and British television. Do a 6-10 episode season, tight and contained, take a 3 month break, season "two" runs. Rinse and repeat.
                            They kinda sort of do it with their reality shows like Survivor and Dancing with the Stars which are in season 36 & 26 respectively.
                            Or better yet, just go back to episodic television with no seasonal story arcs. I find almost all of today's shows are unwatchable on repeat viewings. It's impossible to watch a single episode. There is no good place to start, and things never conclude. I miss the days of self contained episodic stories when you didn't have to watch every episode...you didn't have to watch them in order...it was much more relaxing.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              Or better yet, just go back to episodic television with no seasonal story arcs. I find almost all of today's shows are unwatchable on repeat viewings. It's impossible to watch a single episode. There is no good place to start, and things never conclude. I miss the days of self contained episodic stories when you didn't have to watch every episode...you didn't have to watch them in order...it was much more relaxing.
                              I totally agree! Shows today are made to be binge watched. Not all, but most of them.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Did anyone else catch Barry mention they checked the airfield at Blackhawk Island?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎