Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I agree the original DeVoe was great in the role, and it was a big mistake to lose him.

I think part of the appeal of the "Trial" and prison storyline is that Gustin didn't have to wear the suit for like 3 or 4 episodes. I wonder if that was HIS idea?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Blacksmith continues to be cringe-worthy, but at least she wasn't toting her pail last week.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I was waiting for it. We jokingly refer to her as "Chompers" in the house, because not only is Sackoff constantly showing her pearly whites (surrounded by that really awful lipstick they gave her), she also chews up the scenery like no other.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Ok this week was pretty good. The Fiddler was great, and I thought the country western take on the character was a positive spin. The actress was appealing, and I hope they find a way to bring her back. I would guess Flash & Ralph not saving her as promised will be good motivation for her to turn villain. Ralph made no effort to test the barrier linits, he could have at least tried to stretch over it.

Are the bus villains really dead? Seems like a waste, especially with Hazard. I'm still trying to figure out what Devoe needs Ralph for...obviously not for his powers or body, as there have been a number of chances for the Thinker to take him, including the past episode's fight.
          Also loved Ralph's line about hallway talks. Somebody in the writer's room must be reading our comments!

Bad idea time: okay, The Fiddler is cute. Let's all reveal our identities asap. She'll trust us then because she still doesn't know who we are but at least our faces are showing! No way that'll turn around an bite us. And IRIS was the one showing restraint.

Second point to point out: Are there no union reps in the CCPD? Barry on forced leave, he should still get paid right? At least the Captain wasn't buying the Devoe resurrection, and for all the high ideals the Star Labs kids spout, looks like Ralph continued his fraud during depositions downtown.
          Last edited by johnnystorm; Mar 2, '18, 4:07 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

This was a good episode overall, but there were still several "NO" moments for me and the family. First off, Barry revealing his ID to yet another person he just met. The man refused to reveal himself in court, but will tell the city, one person at a time, by series end.

Secondly, Barry and Ralph just standing there as Fiddler gets lobotomized. For the "Fastest Man Alive" he sure does stand around a lot. And give up. The Flash should always TRY to win, because who's got more time than him? Having him knocked out while this happened would have also worked. They come to just as Fiddler collapses. But this just makes them seem really incompetent at their jobs.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

I had such high hopes for where I thought they might take this show when it began. Then I realized that wasn't going to happen as I watched them "zig!" where a "zag" would have shown so much more respect and understanding of the characters and world they were building. They did some really groovy things at the start and I suppose I set the bar way-high in my estimation of what was going to be possible. I like all of the initial cast, but it got to where I started seeing them (character development-wise) opt to bring to light the most annoying things in each character instead of writing stories that worked to bring out the best side of them all. Instead of writing clever stories where Barry has to hide his identity, we have to wind up with "Team Flash". I found the laziness and lack of creativity in the writing (on that point, especially) made the show into a big ole' mess.

That's just my take on it.... based on my own expectations.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Unfortunately, for anybody that doesn't like "team Flash"...things are about to get MUCH worse. Barry is going to temporarily lose his powers...and Iris is going to get speed powers and a costume and stand in for Barry...UGH!

Yup...I'm officially done.
                sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                  Unfortunately, for anybody that doesn't like "team Flash"...things are about to get MUCH worse. Barry is going to temporarily lose his powers...and Iris is going to get speed powers and a costume and stand in for Barry...UGH!

Spoilers!!! Not cool...

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    The Flash should always TRY to win, because who's got more time than him? Having him knocked out while this happened would have also worked. They come to just as Fiddler collapses. But this just makes them seem really incompetent at their jobs.
                    ESPECIALLY with the preview for next week's show -- if Barry can essentially freeze time in the middle of an explosion to run around and even drag other people up to speed with him, there's almost nothing he shouldn't be able to figure out and overcome.

Perhaps an example of the writers being too clever by half . . .

Originally posted by Makernaut
                    I like all of the initial cast, but it got to where I started seeing them (character development-wise) opt to bring to light the most annoying things in each character instead of writing stories that worked to bring out the best side of them all. Instead of writing clever stories where Barry has to hide his identity, we have to wind up with "Team Flash". I found the laziness and lack of creativity in the writing (on that point, especially) made the show into a big ole' mess.
                    I think this is the problem with all the CW shows and is turning into a problem for most genre shows. These days, for whatever reason, most genre is literally being run by former soap opera writers (J.J. Abrams and Russell T Davies spring immediately to mind) and they're bringing this pattern of neverending plots and constantly focusing/developing the negative aspects of the heroes (see almost any ep this season of Arrow). I know they're doing it in comics too, and it seems an episodic structure is just being kicked away for these ongoing, decompressed, talky arcs that allow them to portray "character development" (whatever that means exactly to them). I've noticed for a long time, most of this seems to be often written and produced by people embarrassed to be doing it, so they find a way to make it "adult" and "quality" writing -- kinda the opposite of the late 60s and then the 70s and 80s, where they just made it camp or bad because "nobody takes it seriously anyway" and we end up with things like the 1975 Doc Savage movie or some of the off-note moments in Superman II or the '89 Batman.

Now, they make everyone talky and pouty or grumpy so they can "explore the characters" and make them "realistic."
                    Last edited by knight errant00; Mar 4, '18, 2:36 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Spoilers!!! Not cool...
                      Whoops! Sorry Lonnie!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

well in fairness, they already revealed photos of Iris in costume and the episode has not aired yet

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Makernaut and Knight Errant, you're making some good points about the show and genre.

Originally posted by The Bat
                          I thought that happened a season or two ago?
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 4, '18, 6:34 PM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I thought that happened a season or two ago?

It kinda did...but I started watching again when Wally left the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Wait a minute...you mean to tell me Iris is now...

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

We are Flash again.

Hi Jay! Thanks for coming to help. I'll just scream at you a bit then leave you here to die. Meanwhile, excuse me while I roam around aimlessly and blubber.

Hey, with all the genius people I know, maybe Iris can think of a way to save everyone.

I'd say this was the worst episode this season, but Jay and Jesse saved it a little bit just by being there.
                                Why does Barry have a mask since he contiually takes the damn thing off?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎