• Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

New Game--First Custom That Comes to Mind, Round 2

New Game:
    I just acquired these three and I'd like my fellow Mego Heads to chime in:
    What customs first come to mind would you make from these three Walton Family Members?
    Post your thoughts in the thread, I'm always intrigued to see where our minds do and do not think alike?

As always, I'll post my thoughts after we've gathered some responses, let's say Saturday evening.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.47.18 AM.jpg
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Left to right: Commissioner Gordon, Gene Roddenberry & Aunt May.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Wilfred Brimley, Buck Owens and Phyllis Diller
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Moxen
        Museum Patron
        • Nov 6, 2016

Zombies, since 'tis the season. Especially the one armed man!

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

RJ Brande, Ultra Boy and Saturn Girl.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

wow, interesting suggestions thus far. Keep it up!

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 18, 2015

Okay, let's see...
              1. J. Jonah Jameson
              2. Paint his hair grey and give him a suit and he can be Andy Griffith as Matlock.
              3. Lee Meriwether as Catwoman, maybe?
              The hands that grip.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Probably not much help but...I'm using Grampa Walton for a western sheriff for my Bonanza customs, maybe Mom Walton
                with her hair down could be used for a Jeannie custom.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Ok, as promised here are my thoughts on this trio. Sorry it's late..I was house painting yesterday, and after four hours of that,
                  I was really tired and took a nap instead of getting on the internet. lol

First thanks to all who contributed...it was amazing to see so many ideas floating through and some ideas that I hadn't even thought of
                  when I pulled the trigger on this purchase.
                  Shows how diverse and yet similar we can be in our thought processes...

Ok, so on to what I came up with when I made the purchase, by each figure in order of top idea to secondary choice:

Grandpa Walton:

1. Bruno Mannheim, leader of InterGang and minion of Darkseid:

bruno_man.jpg

Simple kitbash, but so important to my Megoverse! Having read Action Comics / Superman Comics as a kid, Bruno's place as a Superman
                  villain and part of Darkseid's Lieutenants on Earth makes him an easy do. Simply paint the hair Black, swap bodies with Pa Walton, suit him up, and give him some BIG
                  ***** weird looking Gun or Weapon from the Parts Bin and you have the leader of InterGang ready to take on Supes!

2. Commissioner Gordon
                  With a repaint of White on all his hair, and a pair of glasses, and any suit from CTVT ( I prefer the Grey AE Bruce Wayne Suit, as I never liked it for Bruce Wayne),
                  Gordon would be an easy kitbash.

PA Walton:

1. The Toyman ( Win Schott)
                  I dunno what about him makes me think it would work, but after I swapped the bodies on the two male waltons I got to looking
                  and started the makings of this kitbash here:

File Oct 15, 2 36 37 PM.jpg

and then taking the idea into photoshop here is what I envision the final figure to look like:

toyman.jpg

I think he looks perfect! I'll be ordering the necessary parts from CTVT to finish him this week.

2. Inspector Bill Henderson from Metropolis PD or Morgan Edge
                  These both would be easy kitbash's along the lines of Commissioner Gordon...and would add supporting characters / villains to the mix.

Ma Walton

1. Power Girl ( By Accident)
                  I go to looking over her as she was and I noticed that the short haired flip she was rocking was very close to the PG style from the early 70's
                  So I put the head on my PG custom, as I needed to replace it anyway ( see thread : http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ght=power+girl)
                  So I put it on and this is what it looks like:

image File Oct 15, 2 36 52 PM.jpg

it's been on two days now, and it is kinda of growing on me...I'll probably remove it wash it and see it looks then afterwards.

2. The Thorn ( from Rose and The Thorn 70's DC) or the Enchantress.
                  This one I may still do, as this is what I first thought of when I got her. I think she'd look perfect re-rooted as a brunette and would be great as her.

That's my thoughts...thanks for playing!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎