Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who- Longer episodes, new tardis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Doctor Who- Longer episodes, new tardis?

Some big changes to the format of the series being promised.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

The only thing that worries me, is the "redesign of the blue box exterior". Hmmmm...

Making them 60 minutes is a plus, though.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I'm left scratching my head wondering what kind of target audience are they gunning for ?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Moffatt changed all those elements during his tenure and we watched every single episode, so the audience is us.

I'd be shocked if the Tardis changes in any way where it's not a blue box. That's licensing gold.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I've noticed in the introductory spot for the 13th Doctor that the St. John's logo is no longer visible on the right hand door opposite the "Pull to Open" signage. As long as that's the only change, I'm good. The TARDIS needs to stay its familiar, blue, police box self. With SO much invested in that image, an image that says "DOCTOR WHO" before anything else does, I can't imagine the BBC allowing a new show runner to change it too drastically.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

If they REALLY wanted to be money grabbing bandits they could make the Tardis a Scotland style one and paint it red .... All the old toy molds could be used

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

I'm excited to see a new console room. Capaldi made Matt Smith's his own, but he really deserved a redesign too.
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

It is always cool to see a new console room/main set for the TARDIS interior. I do not, however, envy the creative minds that have to come up with said design. The console room has been through so many different iterations that it's got to be difficult to come up with something fresh when a new Doctor appears. I'm guessing maybe they'll go back and look at previous console rooms and perhaps, in the spirit of nostalgia, pull together a room from different eras? Will be curious to see if 13 gets her own screwdriver, as well, right off the bat. Capaldi didn't get his until the end of Season Nine if memory serves...
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

I like the idea of more historical adventures.
                  But the rumour of changing the TARDIS exterior has me concerned.
                  Longer episodes? Sure, why not?
                  But ideally I'd like shorter episodes with a reintroduction of the serial format with more cliffhangers at the end of installments... which unfortunately won't happen ever again.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

If they can pull off the gender change, I am sure they can pull off these other changes. I can't imagine them straying too far into left field.

Although part of me now secretly hopes they turn the Tardis pink, just to troll the people worked up about the Lady Doctor... the nerd rage would bring down the internet!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Longer episodes but shorter season. Well I guess that will make the ones who got their panties in a bunch over a female Doctor happy. That may mean her run will be shorter.

Comment

• Godzilla
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 3, 2002

Do you think it could mean the Doctor will fix the chameleon circuit again? The would change the exterior.
                        Mortui Vivos Docent
                        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Longer episodes but shorter season. Well I guess that will make the ones who got their panties in a bunch over a female Doctor happy. That may mean her run will be shorter.
                          It does and we can only hope!!!
                          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• JRT!
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 6, 2015

You do know the Tardis has a chameleon circuit,right? It's been other things than a police box,and it was hilarious in Attack of the Cybermen,lol!
                            Last edited by JRT!; Oct 13, '17, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

They REALLY should leave some things alone to try not and alienate a huge chunk of their audience

All other Doctors except Pertwee and Smith had existing companions to help in the audiences transformation into a new Doctor...

I know the new producer wants to make the show his own but I don't think radical shocks right at the start will help him sell his vision.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎