Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy the Kid Meets Dracula

Images
    Actually--in regards to evening wear, if you're going to be wearing a cape (outside), the top hat and gloves are the right accessories. Just saying.

I'm not saying Carradine is perfect--who can truly surpass Bela?--but he's not awful. Didn't Carradine play Drac the most next to Lee?
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    ^If you count stage performances, I'm not sure which one would win. If you are talking movies only, then Carradine played him at least 3 times, "officially" (although I don't know how "official" the Billy the Kid movie is), whereas Bela only played him twice on film. Of course he played other vampires who were pretty much the Count, especially in the excellent Return of the Vampire.
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I was not considering stage performances, though I know Carradine did perform the play. Return of the Vampire is indeed excellent.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

I wish Svengolie would show Return of the Vampire, I don't know if they have the rights to it though, but it's right up that alley of classic 40's universal monsters films, Lugosi as a vampire even if he's called something else plus a taking werewolf
    and creepy cemetery scenes and music, great for halloween late night watching.

Images
    ^Return of the Vampire is Columbia, so he'd probably have to go after those rights on their own, but it would be worth it. Great movie.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^Return of the Vampire is Columbia, so he'd probably have to go after those rights on their own, but it would be worth it. Great movie.

Chris

Columbia Pictures, I guess that's why Lugosi is called Armand Tesla the vampire and not Dracula?

Images
    ^I'm reading a fantastic book called A Werewolf Remembers: The Testament of Lawrence Stewart Talbot by Frank J. Dello Stritto. In it, the author throws out all pretenses; Tesla IS Dracula. He makes all sorts of great connections between pretty much every classic horror film from the 30s and 40s in relating Larry Talbot's history.

http://www.cultmoviespress.com/a-werewolf-remembers/

Chris