Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dargon of the Sectaurs visits a Toy Store!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dargon of the Sectaurs visits a Toy Store!

Ahhhhh the 1980s were a goldmine for costumed character appearances from toy lines weren't they?
    Do you have photos like this in a drawer? Any fun memories of the experience?

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for in my next book "Mall of Justice".

How you can get involved: I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to talk to you.

What am i looking for: Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comic books (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI Joe) or movies (Planet of the Apes, Star Wars) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting these iconic characters. Did you think they were real?

Does it have to specifically be in a mall:
    HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.

Learn more here:

http://plaidstallions.blogspot.ca/2016/04/new-book-project-mall-of-justice.html

Or simply send me an email at Kid70s*at*gmail.com (replace the at with an @, i just don't want tons of spam from publishing my email(

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

A cool line that didn't do as well as it should have. From what I've read, It failed because of the high starter cost, the main characters came in large expensive sets with mounts, and kids had trouble telling the difference between the heroes and the villains.

The storyline was actually a bit morbid as well. On the surface the line looked like a straightforward MOTU-ish sci-fi/sword and sorcery line. The storyline behind the characters and their world actually was the Sectaurs used to be humans generations ago but got horribly mutated by a biological disaster. Both humans and animals took on insect appearances and characteristics. Yeah, it's actually pretty dark when you think about it.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

Great toy line and I nearly had the whole series. I sold my collection back in 1992, regretfully.
      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎