X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Coffin Boxes At Dollar Tree!!! Mego Scale

Hey All, was at Dollar Tree last night out of town looking for custom fodder when I found they had empty gift boxes shaped like coffins. There were two sizes one was 8" and the other 7.5" so I grabbed a bunch. (Hopefully I will soon add pics to this post) The larger works well with regular Mego's (Male & Female) and I would think the smaller with Teen Titan sized monsters. The gift boxes are cardboard and some are decorated with a real nice coffin-ee look. I am hoping to hit a more local Dollar Tree on my way home from work so as to grab more!!!

DollarTree-coffin_zpspi9eqefz.jpg
    Last edited by ddgaff1132; Oct 7, '17, 10:59 AM.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

Nice find! Always so exciting to find mego scale items

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Okay, so I added a pic I found online. The orange coffin gift box you see is one style they have the other is more gray and eerie. I am hopping to get enough to contain all my Mad Monsters and Worlds Greatest Monsters!!!
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

That's a nice idea--and one could add mego-style stickers to the fronts.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

They take spray paint really well, I'd post my pic of my custom Nosferatu in his red velvet lined coffin, but photobucket is being jerks.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            They take spray paint really well, I'd post my pic of my custom Nosferatu in his red velvet lined coffin, but photobucket is being jerks.
            You'll need to switch image hosting sites. Photobucket is not going ot go back to allowing their stuff to be posted unless you pay their ransom, um I mean monthly fee. Try Imugr, I switched, it's better than p-bucket was anyways.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I know all about photobucket's evil. They will either wither away or come back to being free.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tboltcustoms/library/

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

got the more realistic looking one today, EMCE Dracula has a new home.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

EMCE Drac fits perfect. I'm going to line it with red velvet like I did for Nosferatu.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 3, 2007

Sweet!!!
                      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Couldn't find them at my Dollar Tree. They've moved on to Christmas stuff.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I will look for more for anyone that wants them.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

The ahi Dracula would look pretty cool in that, with some added rats and bugs (fake ones of course)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                              The ahi Dracula would look pretty cool in that, with some added rats and bugs (fake ones of course)
                              yeah, some nice vintage rubber critters would look perfect with that.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎