Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

X-Files isn't a big thing with me, having said that all 4 of the episodes written by Darin Morgan are absolutely great.

He took on the funnest and kookiest aspects of the show and went nuts - plus I think he's the first one to actually address the sexual aspects of Mulder and Scully's personalities. They're kinda like when MAD Magazine does that bit "Scenes We'd Like to See", but for real.

These are his eps:
    Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    War of the Coprohages
    Humbug

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Kinda embarrassed to admit this one but Heavy Metal (1981)

Seen it new in the theatre and it just didn't click with me

Actually thought it was REALLY boring

On the other hand seen American Pop the same year (I think) and thought it was decent - at least it had a coherent story and good music

Comment

• msenger76
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

I don't get "stranger things" and all the love it gets. it was so boring i stopped watching. but i feel like it changed most peoples lives somehow

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Two many to list.
          But I'll add TNG and all other non- TOS trek shows to the list.
          I did enjoy Tapestry and Trials and tribble-ations.

I agree with Tarantino that the next Trek film should be a big budget long form adaptation of "City on the edge of forever"

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            I agree with Tarantino that the next Trek film should be a big budget long form adaptation of "City on the edge of forever"
            The timing is better now than before... 3 movies and no time travel to "modern age" U.S.A.....plus it mirrors the 4th installment of the original movie run.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Pete
              • Oct 11, 2017

Rocky Horror. I just don't get it and never will.

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

It's complete sacrilege to have The Princess Bride anywhere on this list Granted, I can't watch it over and over but it is a Cult Classic in all the right ways:

Quotable
                Unique characters
                Satire

-Chris

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^I agree. I'm seeing it in a theatre next week.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by megomania
                    It's complete sacrilege to have The Princess Bride anywhere on this list Granted, I can't watch it over and over but it is a Cult Classic in all the right ways:

Quotable
                    Unique characters
                    Satire

-Chris
                    This thread should be included in the site's "no politics, no religion" policy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just didn't expect so many of them to be... well... wrong.

I can grit my teeth through it. Big Trouble in Little China hurts. But if anyone mentions Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I cannot be held accountable for my actions!
                    Last edited by sprytel; Oct 12, '17, 8:01 PM. Reason: splleing

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Here's one I like that nobody else I know seems to. Tim Curry's "Clue." It just makes me laugh all the way through.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

^----------- loved Clue ---- seen it new in the theatre --- mine had the Miss Peacock ending

Didn't know it had multiple ending in different theatres until years later

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I got the DJ at our senior prom to play the theme to Flash Gordon. The jocks and preps looked at me in disdain, but most of us dug it. It was Queen, after all, right around the time of Wayne's World and the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert.

I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Part of it was because I watched it for the first time at school. I had no idea it existed before then, and it felt like the the teacher had brought this VHS from some other dimension.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Knew somebody around my age that never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ?

Where did you grow up, Siberia ?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

Dirty Dancing - the original. all my friends were crazy for that movie when it came out and for the soundtrack. I hated it then and still do. although we did recently watch it with my daughters who had never seen it

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

ironically, the place in upstate New York where they filmed the dance finale is the Jerry Lewis Theater at the Grand Palace, which burned to the ground 5 years ago. I am a claims adjuster and had to go there for multiple claims. sad really, what happened to the place. at one time it was the go to place for the NYC crowd

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎