Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: "Cult movies all your friends love but you don't" thread

X-Files isn't a big thing with me, having said that all 4 of the episodes written by Darin Morgan are absolutely great.

He took on the funnest and kookiest aspects of the show and went nuts - plus I think he's the first one to actually address the sexual aspects of Mulder and Scully's personalities. They're kinda like when MAD Magazine does that bit "Scenes We'd Like to See", but for real.

These are his eps:
    Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    War of the Coprohages
    Humbug

Images
    Kinda embarrassed to admit this one but Heavy Metal (1981)

Seen it new in the theatre and it just didn't click with me

Actually thought it was REALLY boring

On the other hand seen American Pop the same year (I think) and thought it was decent - at least it had a coherent story and good music
    .................................................. .......................

I don't get "stranger things" and all the love it gets. it was so boring i stopped watching. but i feel like it changed most peoples lives somehow

Images
    Two many to list.
    But I'll add TNG and all other non- TOS trek shows to the list.
    I did enjoy Tapestry and Trials and tribble-ations.

I agree with Tarantino that the next Trek film should be a big budget long form adaptation of "City on the edge of forever"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    I agree with Tarantino that the next Trek film should be a big budget long form adaptation of "City on the edge of forever"
    The timing is better now than before... 3 movies and no time travel to "modern age" U.S.A.....plus it mirrors the 4th installment of the original movie run.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Rocky Horror. I just don't get it and never will.

Images
    It's complete sacrilege to have The Princess Bride anywhere on this list Granted, I can't watch it over and over but it is a Cult Classic in all the right ways:

Quotable
    Unique characters
    Satire

-Chris

Images
    ^I agree. I'm seeing it in a theatre next week.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megomania View Post
    It's complete sacrilege to have The Princess Bride anywhere on this list Granted, I can't watch it over and over but it is a Cult Classic in all the right ways:

Quotable
    Unique characters
    Satire

-Chris
    This thread should be included in the site's "no politics, no religion" policy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just didn't expect so many of them to be... well... wrong.

I can grit my teeth through it. Big Trouble in Little China hurts. But if anyone mentions Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I cannot be held accountable for my actions!
    Last edited by sprytel; Oct 12, '17 at 8:01 PM. Reason: splleing

Here's one I like that nobody else I know seems to. Tim Curry's "Clue." It just makes me laugh all the way through.