X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

A Halloween Force

Star Wars pretty much dominated my Halloween experiences from '78 to '82, I can't be alone on this. Vader, Storm Trooper, Boba Fett and Yoda were my choices as a kid.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Was a little too old to enjoy Star Wars as a young kid but my favorite character was always the Stormtrooper

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

Those costumes were pretty creative.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

This was a step in the right direction for Ben Cooper to get away from putting a picture of the character on the smock. It's charming now, but it bugged the crap outta me as a kid! So glad they went away from that. Sure it still says "Star Wars" but it's subtle.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I had (and still have) the Stormtrooper, but mine does have a picture of a trooper on the costume. It was different than what's pictured here. In fact, I don't remember seeing these ones at all. I also had the Vader poncho, which had a picture of Vader on it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

These look terrific, they have more of that "playsuit" feel that I loved as a kid.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

I remember these. They're not too bad at all.

Speaking of playsuit quality, I wore out a KISS Paul Stanley Halloween costume before Halloween and I ended up being Spider-Man that year. I think the costume was out in September and must not have been fit to wear by the end of October.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

I had the Vader and Stormtrooper masks separately without the costumes.
                I did have a full Threepio costume, but it was a different make.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Chewie's got Han's gun. It's the reverse of the scene in Force Awakens... "Can I borrow that?"

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎