X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

The Gifted (X-men spinoff)

Caught this on-demand last night (it regularly airs Monday on Fox), and came here to read the comments.. not even a thread?!

Actually I'm not that surprised.. it's only because I saw a commercial for it while watching football Sunday that I even knew it was on. And then I forgot about it until last night.

But it wasn't bad! Nothing great or special yet, but I was surprised it held my interest as much as it did. I'll keep watching.

• pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I was looking forward to watching it and then totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to watching it on streaming.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

So many comic book related shows this year I will have to watch a lot of them on demand because some overlap as far as airing the same night/same time. Fios has Fox on demand so I pretty sure this will be on the list of shows.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I have to admit I am suffering from Superhero burnout. (who would ever have thought that was possible). I have no interest in any of the new shows this season. the gifted,, Inhumans etc. I was barely hanging in there last season with the Arrow verse and Agents of Shield. Gotham is the one comic book show that keeps me really riveted

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          I have to admit I am suffering from Superhero burnout. (who would ever have thought that was possible). I have no interest in any of the new shows this season. the gifted,, Inhumans etc. I was barely hanging in there last season with the Arrow verse and Agents of Shield. Gotham is the one comic book show that keeps me really riveted
          I'm exactly on the same boat with you...Gotham is the only one I watch and enjoy. I dropped all the CW ones. Never liked Agents of Shield. Iron Fist sucked. The Defenders was really disappointing. I'm probably not watching The Inhumans nor The Gifted. Well, maybe I'll give them one try, but they have to knock my socks off, which I doubt...but I'll give them one shot nevertheless.

Having said that, I'm pumped about The Punisher...I think that's going to kick arze.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

yes, I am looking forward to the Punisher too. I liked Defenders but it was a little slow to get moving, even with only episodes

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Much like "The Orville," the pilot episode of "The Gifted" didn't do much for me, but I decided to watch a few more episodes before deciding yay or nay as to a watching commitment. Much like the aforementioned "Orville," "The Gifted" has grown on me a bit as I get to know the characters. Is it on my "must watch" list? Not currently, but I do record it and watch it when I get a chance.

Amy Acker, whom I've had a massive crush on ever since "ANGEL" (although I'm partial to her dark hair or even purple Illyria hair and is another actress who only seems to be getting hotter as she gets older), and Stephen Moyer are doing a decent job as parents who've been cast into a situation they had only seen from the other side. They're kids are OK, even though I find both actors to be a bit annoying.

Emma DuMont is a decent Lorna Dane/Polaris (although craft services REALLY need to give the girl a cheeseburger and a milkshake from time-to-time) and it'll be interesting to see her actually DO something now that she's able.

Blair Redford's Thunderbird is acceptable and seems to be a decent choice for a leader, but I do hope the showrunners avoid the cliched, and usually inevitable, pee pee contest between he and Sean Teale aka Eclipse.

Jamie Chung's Blink is pretty decent and a recent episode where her powers went haywire definitely demonstrated the potential dangers those abilities could cause. Her green contacts look like they'd be really, really uncomfortable.

My fave so far, though having had the least to do, is Elena Satine who plays Dreamer. Hot, built and a ginger? Check, check and check! If they can give her a good story arc, that would be even better.

With four episodes under it's belt, the show is doing OK, so we'll see what the next few episodes bring...
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

I don't watch much television, but I do watch the Gifted and the Orville each week. The Gifted reminds me of the first season of Heroes in a good way.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• WannabeMego
                  Made in the USA
                  • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  The Gifted reminds me of the first season of Heroes in a good way.
                  Yup...That is exactly what I told my son when we started watching it.
                  Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I try to watch all comic book shows that air. I for one am glad the TV writers are drawing from comic books instead of the countless cops/lawyers shows that air.

I began to hate the X-Men movies. They just cannot get them write but the tv series are working out better than I thought. The CGI on Gifted is rather good and the character choices are good. I understand that the fact they cannot use Sunspot so they created another version of him to lead the group. Polaris is the heavy weight of the show and could be the characters to watch out for. I started out being mad that the series didn't take place in the X-Men movie franchise but when I started to think about it, it is a good thing they are separate, so they do not have to deal with the messed movie timeline.

Overall I like this show and enjoy watching it every week.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I watched the first Inhumans episode, ugh, not one single likable character in the bunch.

Does it get any better?

Don’t despair...Stranger Things 2 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Lockjaw's likable!!!
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Yeah, forgot about the giant bulldog...you are right...the only likable one in the entire show, true, lol...
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            Yeah, forgot about the giant bulldog...you are right...the only likable one in the entire show, true, lol...
                            Dotty thinks he's awesome.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Awwwwww....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎