X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Megomuseum Member Ray Flores(captact) in Puerto Rico

I emailed fellow collector Ray Flores who lives in Puerto Rico on September 21st, shortly after Hurricane Maria hit there to see how he was doing. He didn't reply back until this morning. He asked to post an update from him on here. I know we all see the videos and news stories about the conditions in PR but I can't imagine how terrible it is.

Here's Ray's reply:

Hi Danny...barely get signal ...comes and goes...we got hit hard...going through a lot...no food...no power...barely water...long lines for gas and food markets...once there...nothing left...no banks opened...almost no money...hospitals in need of meds...plasma...insulin and dialysis...dead animals everywhere...houses lost roofs....thank goodness mines is made of bricks...but this is all like the end of the world...not even trees as most were pulled from the ground seldom internet signal....this is terrible Danny....sorry for mentioning all this...but its all so depressing....can you do me a favor and mention this to the Mego Museum? I cant get enough signal to txt anything there....thanks my friend....and take care..
    Ray Flores
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Was wondering how he and boywonder0 did thru Maria. I know Irma sucked for them, too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

That is horrible. I can't believe our country can treat its citizens so poorly. Hope things improve quickly for Ray and the rest of Puerto Rico.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by pmwasson
        That is horrible. I can't believe our country can treat its citizens so poorly. Hope things improve quickly for Ray and the rest of Puerto Rico.
        Agree on all counts. I really hope things can get better as soon as possible for our Puerto Rican friends. Take care of yourself Ray!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

That's so terrible. I can't begin to go into my feelings about this situation, but know that I feel so bad for them. I wish they had the help they've needed days ago. I hope it gets to them soon, but I no longer have any confidence that it will. Fingers crossed and thoughts are with them.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

How terrible...I cannot even imagine living through something like this, and our President's callous comments and lack of empathy are beyond reprehensible.

One can only hope Ray and his fellow Puerto Ricans receive all the help they need soon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

lets not make it political. the infrastructure there was in poor shape to begin with and the storm just destroyed it. the US army and navy are there as is FEMA, they just can't get to most of the areas because of the devastation.

glad Ray is okay overall and I hope that they can start getting supplies in ASAP

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

^ Except he's not saying that he's ok. And, the people of the people of Puerto Rico deserve better than what they've gotten, so far. They're still in dire straits and for many the end is nowhere in sight. There is not enough military on the ground. The Florida Keys had 40 thousand troops on the ground and Puerto Rico has around 6 thousand when its many times larger. Each town needs Military points of distribution for food, water and medicine along with medics to attend to what they can. That does not exist there. Of course, they need many more things and much more help, as Ray indicated. Things aren't fine and the US government was not prepared to help the way they should have been.

THEY DESERVE BETTER! That's the bottom line.

- Ian
                Last edited by EmergencyIan; Oct 4, '17, 6:08 PM.
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  lets not make it political. the infrastructure there was in poor shape to begin with and the storm just destroyed it. the US army and navy are there as is FEMA, they just can't get to most of the areas because of the devastation.

glad Ray is okay overall and I hope that they can start getting supplies in ASAP
                  Politics has nothing to do with it. Any human being who would say the things Mr. Trump has..."They want everything done for them." or that they haven't suffered a "real catastrophe"...etc. Reprehensible isn't a strong enough word.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Politics has nothing to do with it.
                    Agreed. This is not a political issue. It's a human decency one.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

^ Yes, yes, and yes.

I thought I was going through hell last year when my sump pump failed and burped a little water in my basement. <Talk about a first world problem. None of us can likely even begin to imagine the living hell they are going through. Just day after day after day with little relief. I can see why poor Ray is saying it feels like the end of the world. Depressing can't begin do describe what that must feel like. My heart goes out to Ray and anyone who must endure this.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Prayers for Ray and all the victims of Hurricane Maria.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

I have had boywonder and captact in my thoughts since the storm went thru. I assumed they would have chimed in if/when they could, so the silence was actually pretty loud. Tho I am saddened to hear that the situation remains dire, I am glad to know that Ray was not directly harmed by the storm. As Ian stated above, fingers crossed and hoping that aid is finally getting dispersed as needed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            Politics has nothing to do with it. Any human being who would say the things Mr. Trump has..."They want everything done for them." or that they haven't suffered a "real catastrophe"...etc. Reprehensible isn't a strong enough word.
                            Not to mention continually referring to Puerto Rico's debt and the FEMA director referring to it as a "good news story". The bottom line should be that they are American citizens and Human beings that need our help. But, hey they got paper towels now.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

I've had a few people ask about Ray's mailing address.

Ray Flores
                              502 Urb. San Jose 3
                              Sabana Grande, PR
                              00637-2612

Ray did say thank you to everyone and also said this, "if anyone could mail me any canned goods or capri sun drinks...id be so totally grateful...even deodorants and toilet paper too! Thanks again!"

Danny
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎