Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

For all the finger pointing and sometimes bashing I give FTC, I'm still very grateful for:

1. First Appearance Batgirl ( THE Batgirl I always wanted as a kid, and my favorite ReMego ever)
    2. Mattel's Cheetah and Black Manta ( both I wanted as a kid)
    3. Mattel's John Stewart and Sinestro (both my favorite Retro Action Megos)
    4. Mattel's Captain Cold, Lex Luthor and Two Face
    5. FTC's Ra's Al Ghul and Alfred
    6. Batman and Robin '66
    7. REPROS of the BatCycle, Batlab ( so now I no longer have to hunt for cheap parts on ebay to rebuild mine)
    8. The Dearth of Parts for now available for Customizers! no longer again having to wait for auctions, buying parts, repainting parts,
    dyeing costumes ( to some degree)....! Now just buy and build to your hearts content ( for the most part)
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

KISS! I love the KISS figures. I always wanted them to be 8" when I was a kid, although they worked with Pulsar and Bulletman to fight Bionic Bigfoot and Maskatron so that was fun...but still, I wanted to have them mix it up with Green Goblin and the Lizard. I really like the different eras as well.

VENTURE BROTHERS! I have multiples of most of them and it's the only line that I have completed. If they were making more, I would still be buying them.

NECA! Holy cow, Neca has made things I always wanted, such as Snake Plissken and Multiple Jason Voorhees, and things I never knew I wanted, such as Weird Al, Bill and Ted, and Clark Griswold. It's become impossible to guess what they may make next. Silent Night, Deadly Night?!? No one saw that coming...
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

NECA POTA: Yes, quite a shame we only got two figs into a line that was sure produce an awesome envisioned line-up, and people found all sorts of reasons to ***** about them, but c'mon… look at them!, pose them!… these are well made excellent toys! They have a presence, energy, and are fun and easy to customize. Recently I even scored prototype Soldier Ape; SO F'IN GO APE COOL!

EMCE MONSTERS: By all things monsterific on this messed-up planet, these are sweet and I wished they continued into oblivion! Really great as a set that's a hybrid of retro and contemporary styling, and just so fun have them with their Mego, AHI, etc. horde. Monster kids! <ROAR!>

CASTAWAY X SUCKADELIC: A unique designer/art toy crossover that yielded three additions to my collection that live somewhere between sci-fi and monsters. I loved this project for all sorts of reasons, but the $alary$tack is the KILLER! If anyone has an Occupy Cybertron they want to find a good home for, look me up… this gang needs united.

FTC: Ok, so I'm no WGSH collector which greatly limits my interest, and I think their quality of product is often subpar, BUT for custom bits/parts/replacements alone they deserve our extended support and praise. The Red Drac and Blue Franky are good placeholders and one of these days I'm even gonna buy The Munsters set.

BIFBANGPOW PT1: Twilight Zone! So well done, wild assortment of characters, and hold toy-world-cultural-significance!

BIFBANGPOW PT2: For the sole reason they made a LOST John Locke figure that will provide a perfect base for a custom MILLENNIUM Peter Watts figure! This is who we are… the end is near!
        Last edited by Confessional; Oct 3, '17, 11:37 AM. Reason: … spread the ReMego luv!

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

This is my favourite thread I've seen in a long time and sums up a big reason why I'm here. Thanks for posting.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hobub
            Looks like you are a prime candidate for a Charlie Flatt Bela Lugosi Dracula. If you don't already have one.
            I put Flatt Drac hands on my Emce version and he looks terrific.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              VENTURE BROTHERS! I have multiples of most of them and it's the only line that I have completed. If they were making more, I would still be buying them.
              You said it, brother! I still daydream about a last wave, including Baron Unterbeit. But HELPER really shows BBP's commitment to the show.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 3, '17, 3:21 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I never got Dark Shadows. Ach, that still hurts...

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

EMCE Universal Monsters
                  EMCE Trek line
                  NECA everything 8"
                  FTC 66 Batman Villains and RC Adam West Batman

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I'm not sucking up, but Brick/Supercollector. They were a gateway drug for me to get back into Mego. Supercollector's costume is just perfect in terms of tightness and form fitting. Just so well done.

Also grateful for Captain Action and Dr. Evil. Those two are welcome in any form.

FTC's Teen Titans. I like these figures, but not enough to invest in originals. And since I view them as a separate set from the main WGSH line, I'm happy to have the repros.

Comment

• Figure8
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 18, 2016

I'm grateful because I can get so much stuff now that I could only fantasize about as a kid, like Cap and DD. Megos were a really rare treat back then and I loved (and played) those figures to bits. I love the fact I now have not one but 3 'Mego' Flash figures (Mattel, SF & FF) - and Kid Flash! I never even dreamed that he existed. I'm certainly not always happy with FTC product, but there are some figures that I'm very fond of and keep looking at, especially their new Shazam and the Batman 66 figures. Sometimes a figure with a lot of 'bad press' will surprise me in a good way, like Martian Manhunter. It's kind of frustrating how hard it is to find all the Re-Megos I want over here and I've grown used to paying through the nose for this slightly silly hobby. On the other hand it kind of adds to the nostalgia that these figures are still so hard to get!

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

I'm happy with this listed

EMCE: Romulan, Andorian, Mugato, Star Trek crew, Universal Monsters, Planet of the Apes and Spider-Man.

FTC: AE Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Peter Parker, Clark Kent, Superman, RC Batman, RM Robin, Batgirl, Shazam, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Conan, KISS, Green Arrow and Mad Monsters.
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I am happy with Castaway Phantom, Universal Monsters, Captain Canuck, Sea Ghost,
                          FTC Titans, Dr. Fate, Two Face, Green Lantern, Plastic man, New Superman, Reverse Flash
                          Neca 8'' Freddy Kruegar, Jason, Diamond Daredevil, FTC Isis (parts) and
                          Action Jackson (parts)
                          Last edited by wise guy; Oct 5, '17, 7:12 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

There are far too many for me to name but for me, having mego's of Super Friends is a dream come true. Add to that 66 Batman, new Trek, new DC, SMDM, etc and pretty much my childhood wish list.
                            For all the nit picking and negativity I read here, it's so refreshing to read how lucky we've been as mego heads.
                            Keep em coming! Big heads and all. I love them!!
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

I appreciate at least one figure from every REMEGO line and Company that has been released over the last few years, From the Mattel Retro-Action right through to FTC and EMCE, every one involved has put out at least one outstanding figure. Batman '66, Buck Rogers, Snake Plissken, Steve Austin, Punisher, and far more than I can realistically afford to collect. I hate to have to pick and choose, but who would have imagined such a selection to choose from over the last several years!

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

There's so many, but for me personally it's the EMCE Star Trek line, especially Sulu, Chekov, Khan, Salt Vampire, and the correct Gorn version. I'm still hoping for a shuttle craft, but it's wishful thinking I know.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎