X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

ReMego Grateful Thread

Posting this as not a brag of any sort but merely a thought.

As someone who runs a forum, I hear on a daily basis about figures we don't have. It kind of gets overwhelming on our end.

Just kind of remarkable about what we DO have. As I tidied my place, I noticed that I nearly have the entire SuperFriends, something I never expected. Pretty happy about that.

What are you genuinely happy about with ReMego? What makes you happy when you look at it?

22104671_10214026289961156_3193762551164158706_o.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

DST Daredevil. It's the character I've wanted most since I was a kid, my favorite Marvel character. I think the head sculpt is perfect and I like that a member helped create it.

Also, I feel the same about the Ventures line as you do with Super Friends.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Paladin
      • Oct 26, 2015

As a kid I really wanted my KISS figures to play in Shazam and Green Goblin's playground. But at 12", they were the giants that plagued the Earth with their magical powers.
      Now...I have the KISS figures to do that. That makes me happy....however...

What makes me even more happy is the fact that the re-mego movement exsists at all.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

The Universal Monsters...I love them all, except for Dracula. He ugly. LOL

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Great idea for a thread! We really have an embarrassment of riches.

1. I am grateful that Doc finally gave us Chekov and Sulu to complete the bridge crew.

2. I always wanted Mego to make Johnny Quest figures... and I think FTC did a phenomenal job on them.

3. As a kid, I was content with the 3 3/4" Mego Buck figures... but ZICA's Buck Rogers are amazing. I can only imagine the crossover stories he would have had with Captain Kirk...

4. The Mego Captain America was my favorite WGSH. After I lost his shield, my dad made me one out a Pringles top. I love that it has its quirks. But the modern Cap on a Type Z body? That is like the figure I saw in my head when I was playing with the Mego version...

Oh... and not to get us off track, but I gotta say... great display! I love the tentacle wrapped around Aquaman. Clearly an homage to episode... erm... every episode with Aquaman.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Your picture includes the Wonder Twins, Gleek, and Wendy & Marvin. I'm in heaven, anything else is gravy.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel

Oh... and not to get us off track, but I gotta say... great display! I love the tentacle wrapped around Aquaman. Clearly an homage to episode... erm... every episode with Aquaman.
              Thanks! I found that tentacle at a Museum gift shop on Saturday, I needed it!

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                I get what you're saying but I super dug that Dracula in an AHI way, plus you can just substitute the Flatt World one cause it's pretty.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  Looks like you are a prime candidate for a Charlie Flatt Bela Lugosi Dracula. If you don't already have one.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I like my bionic Bigfoot. Goes very well with my trappy trek freak smdm. I like your super friends there but I just can't get myself to go there.

But if they brought out the 66 batman stuff out 20 (or even 40) years ago. They might have stopped my megoquest dead in its tracks.
                    Last edited by hobub; Oct 2, '17, 9:32 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Where to begin?

-I love the retro Kresge-carded series. I'll probably never own an original K-card, but these are perfect to me.
                      -the Superman Family: Lois, Jimmy and Perry!
                      -the replica Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set
                      -the retro-Mego carded figures. Like the K-cards, I love the vintage look of these, they display great
                      -The Marvel Family! (but where's my Tawkey Tawney?)
                      -Batman '66!
                      -Replica Mobile Bat-lab, plus a Titans Beach Cruiser and the WGBS News van!
                      -Finally, a Mego Green Lantern and Flash (I was never a fan of Mattel's take on them, but these are great!)
                      -Replica boxed DC Heroes, Gals and Foes, plus an awesome display box
                      -I even love the 18" boxed figures, though I still want an Aquaman and Green Arrow
                      -Super Friends!

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

i grew up buying megos ,all the "8" figures ,they were great toys .in 1982 or so it was all over ,the only figure you saw at the end were broken Hulks .the
                        collector bug was still there .i see the remegos ( FTC,EMCE ,Bif bang pow,odean,spector toys,ETC )as mego continued ... the repros are great to bring
                        back what you remember as a kid ,and the new retros of charactors from star trek Six million dollar man ,battlestar galactica,gilligans island ,new marvels,new DC
                        and many others are what my mind as a kid wanted .now there here .better late then never .every retro mego i get is great to look at ..saying i still cant believe
                        they made this guy .the only problem is i would love to hand it to me back in time when i really needed them .nice thread good topic

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

oh forgot to say ,like warlock664 said ..i have two replica mego toy display boxs with all 24 boxed figures ( 16 DC,8 Marvel )on display next to
                          a boxed batmobile and bat cycle that i like to look at all the time in my living room ,reminds me as a kid looking at the megos in the store ,and
                          changing from time to time who gets front row ,and even though most of the marvels are new charactors they fit right in .

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Real Ghostbusters
                            Mad Monsters and castle
                            Universal Monsters (I actually really like the Dracula in the set. The only problem I have with it are the very peachy colored hands)
                            McDonaldland
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 2, '17, 11:09 PM.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

my Venture Bros set cracks me up whenever I look at them. the EMCE monster line was pretty awesome. Dark Shadows Barnabas and the other DS characters make me wish that line had continued. I also wish Doctor Who had made it to a few more doctors. And - pretty much anything Castaway ever made makes me smile. an embarrassment of riches, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎