Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Another Wilbury has gone up to the great big gig in the sky. Really don't have anything else to say. Just completely stunned by this news. RIP Tom Petty.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The CBS report on him has been removed, the LAPD reporting his death was inaccurate. Still doesn't sound good.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

Following reports of the legendary singer's death, Tom Petty is still "clinging to life."

Prayers
        Last edited by hobub; Oct 2, '17, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

Heartbroken.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

reports are now saying that he has not died. he was taken off life support but is still hanging in there. let's hope for a miracle!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i saw him live in the nineties. such a great performer. amazing show. I know things look grim but where there is life there is hope

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                reports are now saying that he has not died. he was taken off life support but is still hanging in there. let's hope for a miracle!
                Reports said when he was found he was not breathing --- this leads me to think he's brain dead ..... same thing happened to a loved one

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

^ If most of what has been reported is true and he was taken off of life support, he can't be brain dead. If he were he wouldn't continue to breathe and his heart wouldn't be beating. If what's been reported is true, he's likely very brain damaged, which could turn out being worse because he could lie in a coma for a long period of time. I'd rather see him die quickly with dignity. Maybe what has been reported is not accurate and he'll pull through and be all right. Or, maybe he did die this afternoon and his family wants that fact withheld for an amount of time. Of course, that's pure speculation on my part.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I have been on a plane all day, not happy to discover this news. I have massive respect for Petty and love a great deal of his work.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Huge Petty fan. Man, Pasadena is still on fire from his performance at The Arroyo Seco Weekend festival in late June. This news is unreal.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Looks like the family issued a statement confirming Tom Petty's passing and his manager confirmed it to Rolling Stone. Time of death was 11:40 PT, so earlier reports of his death were premature, but he has indeed passed.

Here's the Rolling Stone article with the manager's and family statements... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-at-66-w506651

it was posted about an hour ago.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Another voice joins the Choir Invisible. RIP, Tom; your legacy will live in through your music you made. Prayers for peace and condolences to his family, friends and fans.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Saw him three times, once with Dylan, once on a tour, and once in Gainesville. Amazing every time. RIP.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

"Well some say life will beat you down, break your heart, steal your crown. So I've started out for God knows where. I guess I'll know when I get there. I'm learning to fly, around the clouds, but what comes up must come down." – Tom Petty October 20, 1950 - October 2, 2017
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                                • Apr 3, 2007

I always really liked the song "Don't Come Around Here No More". RIP Tom.
                                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎