X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Voyage to the bottom of the sea (tv)

I don't remember even seeing this on TV. But Hulu has it, what are some of the best episodes?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Like most Irwin Allen shows, it starts off strong and descends into dumber plotlines. I'd stick with the first two seasons, the stereotypical Allen cheese is less evident. Some of the later shows, however, have good character actor appearances.

My dad was a great fan of this show, but as a kid I perceived some of that tackiness that was also apparent on Lost in Space. In retrospect, I appreciate the more unified and stylish aesthetic, as well as solid scripts, of Star Trek TOS.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 30, '17, 2:39 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Try The Terrible Toys .... Not the best, but fun

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Paul Fix, I recall that one. Victor Buono and Vincent Price also did episodes.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          ^------------ Victor Buono -------
          Oh man I forgot about that one !!!

Riding around in his little fatman cart with the lovely Brooke Bundy bringing him treats

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Like Dr. Dugong on Venture Bros. lol.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

I have quite a few eps on VHS from when it was on the Sci-Fi Channel. I like some eps of the first season, but that had more spy stuff than actual ocean exploits. I mostly like the cheesy ocean aliens eps.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍