Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus diagnosed with breast cancer...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Julia Louis-Dreyfus diagnosed with breast cancer...

Hope she comes out OK.

My favorite female comedian of all time...funny, beautiful, and classy.

So many female comics today rely on raunchy vulgarity...they could take a lesson from her.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I agree. I was worried to hear of this.

I wish I had HBO so I could see her in Veep.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, that's too bad. One of my co-workers has it too.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

It's so sad. Hope she comes through. Cancer sucks so bad... it touches the lives of just about everyone in some way.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Terrible news.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett are my two top female comedians...but Julia Louis-Dreyfus is probably third on my list, right up there.

Love Seinfeld, it was my dad's favorite show, and he loved Julia.

She's going to beat this thing, watch...
            sigpic

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Breast cancer is peanuts compared to many other cancers. So, if she caught it early enough, I wouldn't worry too much right now.

If she caught it at a regularly scheduled Doctor's appointment, she'll likely be among the long list of celeb breast cancer survivors: Cynthia Nixon, Edie Falco, Sheryl Crow, Jaclyn Smith, Joan Lunden, Wanda Sykes, Shannen Doherty, Christina Applegate, Melissa Etheridge, Peter Criss... and the list goes on and on.

but, yeah, since the subject has been broached, might as well post any info on the stage of the cancer, then we'll really have something to base any fear on.

And, Yes, Elaine Benes rules!
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                Breast cancer is peanuts compared to many other cancers. So, if she caught it early enough, I wouldn't worry too much right now.

If she caught it at a regularly scheduled Doctor's appointment, she'll likely be among the long list of celeb breast cancer survivors: Cynthia Nixon, Edie Falco, Sheryl Crow, Jaclyn Smith, Joan Lunden, Wanda Sykes, Shannen Doherty, Christina Applegate, Melissa Etheridge, Peter Criss... and the list goes on and on.

but, yeah, since the subject has been broached, might as well post any info on the stage of the cancer, then we'll really have something to base any fear on.

And, Yes, Elaine Benes rules!
                Some of those survivors went through a (double) mastectomy, which is extremely traumatizing. I understand what you're saying, but it may come off as being a bit insensitive. A person can survive breast cancer and still be left with a living hell.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                  Some of those survivors went through a (double) mastectomy, which is extremely traumatizing. I understand what you're saying, but it may come off as being a bit insensitive.
                  It certainly COULD come off as insensitive.

If it DID, then I apologize.

My intention was not to hurt anybody.

That said: If I see this subject come up on the Mego board, and I feel the desire to chime in, its because I want to take the narrative to another place that I don't see represented... so, if THAT constitutes intent to do harm to you, then yes, it was intentional.

Originally posted by J.B.
                  A person can survive breast cancer and still be left with a living hell.
                  I apologize if I implied differently.

I was just going by the numbers... and, really, breast cancer survivors 2007-2013 89.7% from ovarian cancer 2007-2013 46.5% as researched by The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results is just one way to portray my research on that.

I'll provide more, if there's a need to defend my position more on this sensitive subject.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

I just finished chemo and radiation, this week. It's a tough road, but I'm sure she's tough, as well, and can get through it and beat it. She'll probably have a lot of support, which should be a tremendous help. When you're going through chemo, you're life is on hold and you can barely do the necessary things. You need someone to provide your meals, etc. Basically, between the chemo and radiation, you feel like you need to lie down much of the time. The rest of the time is spent at the hospital. To add insult to injury, your hair falls out. In saying all of that, there is light at the end of the tunnel for many people with cancer, these days. I bet she'll come back strong, but don't be surprised if you don't see her for a good while. If you see her in tabloids and she looks terrible, it does not mean that she's going to die. It's just that cancer treatment physicially and mentally decimates you.

I wish her all of the very best.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for sharing, Ian.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Ian, we wish YOU the very best!

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Ian, you are one tough hombre...
                          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

Thank you, guys.

It was not my intention to draw attention to myself. The situation is just fresh in my mind and I wanted to relate what I, now, know about what she's likely to go through. It's a long and brutal road. However, I don't have any reason to doubt that she won't come out on the other side of this and live a full life.

Again, I wish her all of the best.

- Ian

PS. Through this, I've learned that I'm not nearly as tough as I thought I was.
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

So sorry to hear about your battle Ian. I hope everything works out and you come out healthy and happy.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎