Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus diagnosed with breast cancer...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    Thank you, guys.

It was not my intention to draw attention to myself. The situation is just fresh in my mind and I wanted to relate what I, now, know about what she's likely to go through. It's a long and brutal road. However, I don't have any reason to doubt that she won't come out on the other side of this and live a full life.

Again, I wish her all of the best.

- Ian

PS. Through this, I've learned that I'm not nearly as tough as I thought I was.
    Nothing lost from humility (and often cherished insight gained)... that said: My thoughts go out to you with what you've went through, and, as implied earlier in the thread, the things such experiences can make indelible.

I've had many close family members and friends that've gone through (and still are going through) cancer-related battles which is the primary reason I had the feeling to speak out, not just as a JLD fan, but as an MM board member who was trying to put some perspective on things, albeit at risk for the impression of minimizing breast cancer, which like any cancer-fight is, if nothing else, scary as heck for everyone involved. And requires peak strength to deal with IMHO.

And, one more thing on the topic of "humility", to hear your words on the board here makes me instantly humble. Your voice on these matters is much appreciated.

Bless!
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Thanks, again.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎