X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rchatlin
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 24, 2001

Longshot Artist ID request

Can anyone identify the Artist of this Lone Ranger album, which I'm guessing is from the early 70's.

s-l1600.jpg

thanks,

r
    o
    b
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

It's taken from this comic...

which has a painted cover by a man named Ernest Nordli, who worked as an animator for Disney and other studios.

it's Gold Key issue #10 of the Lone Ranger cover dated April 1967, the stories are reprinted from the earlier Dell series, not sure if the cover is too.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Sep 26, '17, 12:05 AM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

He has an IMdB entry here....http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635128/

and can check out other comic book work he did at the GCD (grand comic book database) here: https://www.comics.org/credit/name/E...li/sort/alpha/

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

More Nordli Lone Ranger covers...

he was a frequent cover artist on the Dell series and after a little more digging, yes it was originally a Dell issue, not a Gold Key issue that the cover first appeared on...

Dell issue #60 originally published with a June of 1953 cover date.

-M
        Last edited by MRP; Sep 26, '17, 9:46 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I have that album. LOVE that cover.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Those were the days when even comics got what amounted to "fine art" cover illustrations. I would gladly have any or all of those framed up righty purty and hanging in my homestead. Wondering if Alex Ross poured over a lot of pieces like this as a kid/young adult, thus helping to influence his own style.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Gold Key comics got my money a lot as a kid because of those painted covers....
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rchatlin
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 24, 2001

Fantastic, thanks so much.

Chris, I listend to those same 2 adventures over and over, starting at that artwork. Set the imagination into overdrive.

I should realize no request is a long shot on this forum - the depth and breadth of our members' collective knowledge is amazing.

r
                o
                b

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎