X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comic Books on AMC Visionaries

I hadn't heard about this until I saw an announcement of the release dates. Apparently Kirkman is doing a 6 part documentary series on the history of comic books. More info on the AMC page here: http://www.amcnetworks.com/press-rel...y-november-13t

from the article:

“AMC VISIONARIES: ROBERT KIRKMAN’S SECRET HISTORY OF COMICS” WILL PREMIERE AS A TWO-NIGHT TELEVISION EVENT ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12th AT 11:00PM ET/PT AND MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH AT 10:00PM ET/PT

THE SIX-EPISODE SERIES WILL FEATURE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS WITH ICONS STAN LEE, PATTY JENKINS, LYNDA CARTER, KEVIN SMITH, KIRKMAN AND MORE
    NEW YORK, NY – September 21, 2017 – AMC announced today that “AMC Visionaries: Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics” will premiere as a two-night television event starting on Sunday, November 12th at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by a second episode on Monday, November 13th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, in its regular time slot. The six-part one-hour documentary series takes a deeper look into the stories, people and events that have transformed the world of comic books and features interviews with icons such as Stan Lee, Patty Jenkins, Lynda Carter, Kevin Smith, Famke Janssen, J.K. Simmons, Michelle Rodriguez, and Todd McFarlane, among many others. The network also released four first look images, which can be downloaded here.
    “AMC Visionaries: Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics” is executive Produced by Robert Kirkman and David Alpert (“The Walking Dead,” “Fear the Walking Dead”), Bryan and Sean Furst (“Daybreakers,” “Dice”), Daniel Junge (“Saving Face,” “Being Evel”) and Rory Karpf (“The Book of Manning,” “Dale”).
    “My love for the world of comics knows no bounds,” said Kirkman. “It’s a universe of amazing stories that has been driving pop culture as a whole for decades. Being able to explore the nooks and crannies of this world has allowed me to find out secrets even I didn’t know. It’s been a pleasure putting this series together and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be able to finally share it with the world.”
    Now I am intrigued and want to check this out. Maybe we're getting one step closer to my dream TV show-Inside the Comic Book Studio-a series based on James Lipton Inside the Actor's Studio where some to be determined knowledgeable host sits down one-one one for in depth interviews with comic book creators about their process, technique, etc. It's too late to do it with some of the giants like Eisner, Kubert, Kirby, Wrightson, etc. but I'd love to see it done before all of those generations of creators are gone.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I would watch a show like that with great fervor. Yes, it IS a shame that a lot of the past titans are gone, but we've still got enough around to ensure some very interesting watching.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

There's no way this can break any new ground.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎