• Sep 15, 2014

Mattel's Batman 1966 was a small line and I got the whole set for $90
    IMG_20171019_112440985.jpg

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
      What I miss are colorful and bright toys. Compare the vibrant colors of Mattel's Secret Wars to modern Marvel figures. Now all you see is Captain America with brown boots and washed out colors. The Secret Wars figures were like toy candy to the eyes. Bright cheerful and vibrant.
      YES! I agree wholeheartedly. I've said for years that one of the reasons I really love Secret Wars figures is because they're so colorful and looked like they jumped off the tv screen from an early '80's cartoon.

I do enjoy collecting some modern lines that are large and ongoing, like Star Wars Black series etc., but I have found that much of my vintage collecting focus has veered towards lines that were smaller and more realistically easy to complete such as Buck Rogers, Eagle Force and Star Trek, whereas I've long since given up on G.I. Joe RAH due to the reality that I'll never be able to afford to complete that. And while some lines were just a bit too brief (Clash Of The Titans!!!), I don't really think I need to have EVERY minor character made into a figure for me to collect like in the modern Star Wars 3-3/4" lines.

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

When the 3 inch Star Wars figures from the first film were released, I initially assumed those figures would be everything planned and thankfully that wasn't the case.

If a toy line is constantly improving its figures with updated versions of each character, it creates a scenario where I question whether or not to keep the older versions. I used to have a complete set of the original Power Rangers (including the white and green rangers) and despite the fond memories of the originals, I've been replacing/substituting each character with the smaller Hasbro figures.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎