Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please let Matthew Vaughn make a Superman movie!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Please let Matthew Vaughn make a Superman movie!

WB, go with this man for your next Superman, movie, please!!!

“Weirdly if I did do Superman – and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs) – I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman – I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern – I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”
    HE GETS IT!!! LET HENRY CAVILL SMILE!!!

A few days ago "Kick-Ass" director Matthew Vaughn told HeyUGuys.com that he has indeed had talks with Warner Bros. about taking on a new Superman film. The internet went wild for the news, and Collider.com asked him all about it when chatting with him during an interview for his latest film "Kingsman: The Golden Circle". "Weirdly

Chris
    sigpic
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

We can always hope.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Heck yeah, get rid of his dark blue "armor," give him his red underwear back, have him save a few cats from trees and, most importantly, let the man smile.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I don't hate Cavill's costume. I like it better than Brandon Routh's speedo and tiny maroon "S". At least Cavill's reds are red...without the Snyder filter.

The guy is very charming, with a great smile and a good sense of humor about himself. It's a shame this has been wasted so far. He could be a great Superman, if WB chooses him to be. ;-)

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          The guy is very charming, with a great smile and a good sense of humor about himself. It's a shame this has been wasted so far. He could be a great Superman, if WB chooses him to be. ;-)
          Yeah, he's great casting but they've written him terribly dour.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            He could be a great Superman, if WB chooses him to be. ;-)
            I read that in Brando's voice.

"WB can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^You got it. Help yourself to a chocolate bunny.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Agreed on what has been said about Cavill, the dude was born to play Superman, the looks, the physicality (maybe a tad short, but it's cool, lol)...but the way they lock down his personality, what a crying shame...as the actor himself can be quite charming, look no further than the Man from Uncle. I dig his costume, it's set for modern times...but you gotta let him be free...be, well, Superman for crying out loud...

...like here...

P.S. Chris also hit the nail on the head, his costume has nice colors (love the huge S too)...it's friggin Znyder taking the life out of it with his damn dark filters...
                Last edited by Hector; Sep 19, '17, 7:22 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Matthew Vaughn would absolutely crush it. I hope there's fire behind this smoke.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎