X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

TRU could go bankrupt???

The global toy retailer, which has more than 1,600 outlets is considering filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the US before Christmas. Chapter 11 can allow companies to stay operational as they reorganise and pay their creditors.

CNBC reported earlier this month that the ailing firm had hired restructuring advisers from law firm Kirkland & Ellis.

Toys ‘R’ Us has around $5bn (£3.6bn) of debt, $400m of which reportedly comes due next year. The company has been saddled with the vast debt pile ever since buyout firms KKR and Bain Capital took it private for $6.6bn in 2005.

The company previously said it was working with investment bank Lazard to help manage its attempted refinancing.

Toys ‘R’ Us’ suppliers, fearing that the retailer may be in trouble, are now tightening trade terms, including holding back on shipments unless they receive cash payments on delivery, the WSJ reported.

Toys ‘R’ Us did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In its latest financial results, released in June, Dave Brandon, chairman and chief executive said: “The challenges we faced during [the holiday period in 2016] continued in the marketplace during the first quarter.

“Overall weakness in the baby business, as well as slower growth in the toy category and very aggressive price discounting by our competitors were significant contributors to our disappointing results.”

Many bricks-and-mortar retailers have come under intense pressure from online competitors like Amazon. https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...152300905.html
    If TRU does file for chapter 11 then within a year afterwards they will be shutting down. From past happening TRU will not be getting any new exclusives since they cannot pay there bill. This happened to Hastings, Circus World, K-Mart etc. Glad I paid off my TRU card because it is going to start getting empty in those shelves.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Did not see the other post sorry
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Could go Bankrupt? they already are...they are over 5 billion (not million) in Debt..

Their debts are now being called in, 400 million due this year and 2.2 billion in 2018......Lender's balk at lending anymore money until debts get paid

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎