Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

I remember the Arctic Cops taking the ZOD guys away, too.

Also remember Superman destroying the Fortress with his heat vision.

I think its the same version.
    maybe Blue Ray and/or Donner Cut.

Love em both!

Comment

• Hamonrye
      • Jan 4, 2008

Donner & co had to have realized there was footage missing in 2000 when they restored the initial scene of the Krypton council dispatching the "stormtrooper" without including the follow-up action. I always thought it was weird that they went ahead with that.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Hamonrye
        Donner & co had to have realized there was footage missing in 2000 when they restored the initial scene of the Krypton council dispatching the "stormtrooper" without including the follow-up action. I always thought it was weird that they went ahead with that.
        They didn't! There's an old interview Donner gets asked about the missing scene and he has no idea! The reviewer knew about it because he was one of the first to get the midwest affiliate print after it surfaced. It was from that Donner's people asked and were given the print. I didn't realize the guy running WHV was one of the dudes from back then.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Movi...ed+cut+blu+ray

Now up for preorder on Amazon. I'd encourage everyone who has the means to support this release, and send WB the message that we want Superman II's extended TV cut as well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Done and done...and I mean done!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

Outside of Wrath of Khan, there's isn't a movie I've seen more often, or purchased more copies of, than Superman The Movie. So why stop now. I'm in. After all, what's another $20 to see 2 minutes of footage I haven't seen in 30 years?

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

It is currently the #2 preorder on Amazon, just behind Spider-Man Homecoming. Not bad for a 40 year old movie! Let's keep it going, and vote with your wallet so WB does Superman II as well!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I hope beyond all hopes that Warners FINALLY re-releases Superman next year for the 40th anniversary. At least as one of those TCM Classics/Fathom Events two-day screening deals. I'll take any cut they want to offer, I just want to see it in a nice theater, with nice sound, etc.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I hope beyond all hopes that Warners FINALLY re-releases Superman next year for the 40th anniversary. At least as one of those TCM Classics/Fathom Events two-day screening deals. I'll take any cut they want to offer, I just want to see it in a nice theater, with nice sound, etc.

Chris
                    This is a great idea. It's such a magical movie for me, I still vividly recall seeing it in theaters when I was almost eleven. My entire appreciation of Superman is strongly influenced by Reeve's portrayal, as I never read the character outside of JLA.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 26, '17, 6:20 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

It is my favorite film of all time, and is MY Star Wars. I had just turned four days before its release. I was deemed too young to see Star Wars, but Superman was okay. It cemented my obsession with Super Heroes, and is still my favorite interpretation of the Man of Steel.

Our local theater showed it a few years back, but just from a DVD, and there was an issue with the color, so it kind of marred the magical experience.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Brilliant idea for WB to really spit and polish this one up for a 40th Anniversary (damn, that long?) re-release in theaters. Would be nice to see it using todays modern projectors and with amped up sound. I have a feeling if they do, look for a 4K release no too long thereafter...

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Contact Fathom Events. It would be a hella smart move to re-release as DC will be in full swing for a year. I don't think WB would be opposed to it now, as they would have pre-Cavill.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Here is a complete breakdown of the "new" scenes from the extended cut, not in the original theatrical release:

If you're a long time fan of "Superman: The Movie", then you're probably aware of the fact that fans have been discussing various edits and cuts of the film for years. While those lucky (and old) enough to have seen the film in theatres in 1978 will no doubt remember the film fondly, for many

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Received my copy this morning. Will set aside 3 hours tonight for a viewing.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

to mark this momentous occasion rigged this up in a couple of minutes ,
                                a pound shop push light dollar store uk equivalent balanced on top of two vintage superman movie collectors glasses

they light up real nice

just balanced atm but could be more firmly fixed with poster tak

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎