Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever almost lose a Mego or Mego accessory?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boshek
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2011

Ever almost lose a Mego or Mego accessory?

Funny story: I recently got a place of my own. On Friday I moved some of my stuff, including two ReMegos The Riddler and Harley Quinn. After I unpacked everything I noticed Harley was missing one of her shoes! I searched the boxes she might have been in and didn't see anything.

I figured I would never find it and even looked for a replacement on FTC. But when I returned to my home I looked in the spot I had her before and there it was, her black shoe! That thing could have been anywhere, from my home to my car to the parking lot to my new apartment.

Did you ever think you lost a Mego or Mego accessory only to have it show up later?
    Check out my YouTube page
  • jreinhardt
    • May 10, 2007

Lost a type 1 Spider-Man arm. He needed restringing and wound up in a cup in my car (bought loose broken string and noticed when I undressed him in my car). When I got him home never could find that arm. Didn't matter much as I lost the arm that I didn't need to restring my childhood Spider-Man.

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

When I was a kid my cousin figured out how to make Captain America throw his shield by placing it loosely in his hand and twisting him at the waist and then letting go so he sprung back. I thought the shield was gone for ever when it sailed over the barbed wire fence in the back yard into the wood, but he went around to a hole in the fence and tracked back through the woods to retrieve it for me.

Comment

• SWDAVE
        • May 31, 2017

I distinctly remember placing my brand new Mego Batman on the bagging area of a grocery store called Food Town when I was helping my mom bagging up our purchase. We walked out and I forgot Batman. When I remembered I left him there, we went back to the store and he was gone. It was not a good day.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

I've lost a very expensive figure in my house. Thankfully I found it...but it was lost for more than a year. The figure is in Benjamin's Worlds Greatest Supertoys book...The picture of the Diamond Logo Spider-Man : That was my figure in the book and was the one I lost in my house for more than a year True story.

So don't feel so bad that you lost or almost lost a part...it could be a lot worse lol.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I lost my Mego Pocket Super Heroes Spider-Man at the playground near my parent's house when I was probably 10 or so. I'm not sure why I had him out playing with him there, as Secret Wars were already out. Anyway, I left him there by accident. When I went back to find him, another family was there, and a much younger kid had found him. He was thrilled at his find, and I just couldn't bring myself to say "Hey, that's mine." So I let him go. I semi-regretted it later, but now I have several iterations of the figure, and a memory of a kind deed done when I could have just been a selfish little kid.

Plus, not too long after this, in the woods near the park and found a G.I. Joe RAH Clutch figure. So karma paid me back.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

I have had a few lost in my childhood.the one I remember back in 75 was when my younger brother took my Cornelius and a bunch of other megos over to his friends house to play.he came back with them all except Cornelius.I was horrified to loose him.so I sent him back to find him.they searched everywhere in his friends house and said "sorry your corny is just not there.three days later I asked to look myself.and one look-there he was.they were fighting the megos and Cornelius got thrown in the air and landed behind a record player that was on a stand against the wall.i seen his legs sticking out from the bottom.was glad to get him back.still have him and all my classic megos.fun thread.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

I think the better question might be, Who HASN'T lost a Mego accessory?!
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                  I think the better question might be, Who HASN'T lost a Mego accessory?!
                  I know right. Not so much as a adult but when I was a kid definitely. The first night I had my Tarzan I lost the knife. In the backyard there was a concrete area in between our townhouse and the neighbors where sat my enemy, the drain. About four inches wide, the grate, long gone. I not only dropped my removable cowl for my Batman and my helmet for Bulletman, at separate times mind you, only to watch in horror as they rolled toward that hole and passed over the edge never to be seen again. I'm sure there were other toys I lost down it but those two I will never forget. Kinda tilt your head back and scream "Khaaaaaan" moments.

Comment

• Pete
                    • Oct 11, 2017

When I was around 10, I lost a brand new Mego Scottie out the car window, not 5 minutes after leaving the toy store. We pulled over and looked for him...not a trace. As if somebody beamed him up.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I remember buying the RM Robin and losing the mask the first time I played with it, although I never lost Batman's removable cowl.

Comment

• pgiii
                        • Oct 5, 2017

I bought a mego Tarzan on e-bay last year. He came with a broken hand, separated at the wrist pin and his little black knife was in that hand. I nearly threw it away by accident, would have been a costly "little" mistake as the original accessories like that are not that cheap to replace.

Comment

• William Vafai
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Oct 14, 2017

I made a Tie fighter pilot with a removable helmet back in 2007. It came out really good. Four years ago we moved. I know packed all my Mego figures but when I unpacked my stuff, it was gone. I found it two years later in a box while I was looking for something else. I put it away in a box that has my other Mego figures. This year I stared working on some new custom Star Wars figures, so when I went to dig it out it was gone. I still don't know what happen. Maybe after I make a new one I'll find it.

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

I lost my Supes' emblem on the day I got him, Easter 1973. I took him to my friend's house across the street that morning, and bam, the emblem was gone 10 minutes later. Spent the rest of the morning looking all over his backyard for it but it completely vanished!

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

i lost the communicator for my capt kirk figure. eventually found it under the sofa cushion after looking all over for it!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎