X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

an idea...your Thoughts...?

I had an Idea for creating a head for Prof. Hugo Strange, so I mocked up in Photoshop....

hugo_idea.jpg

Take the Solomon Kane Head, cut all hair off, resulp / fill in holes with sculpy,
    and either sculp the beard with with sculpy or have it done as a grey flock?
    Finish with a pair of HP glasses......

Thoughts?
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have a better?/easier idea: OMBC Grok head, hair removed and recast--or plugged and painted. Add FTC glasses.

The Kane head is huge.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

be a good idea if the head was anywhere close to scale but it is more like 1/6th scale. I'd use the Dr. Venture head if it were me.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

@ Pgwynne: I know you and I discussed this before, but......Grok is EXPENSIVE, I've missed every ebay auction because it is out of my price range.
        And for less then $10 it's doable....?

@ thunderbolt: Doc Venture, from this pic,
        Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 8.09.16 PM.jpg
        looks too non threatening for Hugo Strange.
        And I'm kinda going for that Golden Age vibe, where he almost resembles Sivana....
        Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 8.07.46 PM.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I have a derooted Grok head awaiting recasting, perhaps I can get you a copy.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I think a Doc Venture repainted would work. Lower the eyebrows for more evilness and fix the beard.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I have a derooted Grok head awaiting recasting, perhaps I can get you a copy.
              If you do let me know....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I will. It'll definitely be cast, just a question of when and by whom.

Originally posted by darkbros
                If you do let me know....

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

These are all good ideas.
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Just curious, if you fill in the holes with sculpy, would you leave it unbaked? Or fill the entire head and boil it? I just don't feel like that's going to work very well either way.

If it were me, I would want a resin cast to work with.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm getting it recast, I agree.

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

I was thinking of the way my brother and I use to do it which was with a Heat gun on 4, about 3 inches from head and rotate around the head as you heat it.
                        that always seemed to work for Sculpey applications we did.......

here is a post talking similar to what I'm describing.....
                        Using Sculpey on a Vinyl Toy: This piece was DLi$h's first attempt at working with sculpey on his toys. Looking for a new way to manipulate the custom toy 3D medium, the KidRobot Munny provided the ideal platform to make a dry run at it. This tutorial will cover some of the basi…

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

I think you have come up with a really good (& original) idea, darkbros ;-) Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎