Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Damn. The one my daughter and I go to is closing. There's one in our sister city that I figured would be the one to get the axe. Kinda surprised by this, but oh well.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Looks like Oregon was spared in this round, but I've only been in ToysRUs for a couple of time in the last several years.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

One of several local BabiesRUs will not be missed here! Less diapers, more toys! ;P

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

It's all my fault, actually - I haven't spent a penny there in well over 20 years.
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

one of our semi-local ones is closing. I mean look, people are obviously not shopping there. all the issues have been pointed out over and over, nothing changed. so people stopped shopping there and now it is slowly dying

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

It's dead. It'll reorganize, close more, reorganize, close more, die, and resurface as an internet catalog company. Same as every other brand... Sears (soon), Wards, etc.

My local TRU is still going. I've been in there three times in four years... stock hasn't rotated much at all for what we collect!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Most of the closings seem to be Babies R Us stores or combined TRU/BRU stores. Diapers, strollers and formula haven't a big seller for TRU in years and I am not surprised they are dumping those.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 14, 2018

The closest store to me, a two hour round trip drive, is closing down. Although it won't really impact what little collecting I do as I was pretty much down to one trip to the store per year, it still saddens me a little. It was one of my stops during the height of my collecting years although because of its distance from me I went to places like KB more. In my area there are no places outside of the usual toy aisle fodder Wal-Mart carries where I can actually hold something in my hand while deciding if I want to buy it or not.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

The Babies R' Us nearest to us is closing. Can't say I've had any personal need for that store in the past 6 or 7 years, but it was a pretty nice, newer store.

Lexington's TRU remains. We don't shop there much, but it's worth a look a few times a year. Once every two or three years I'll find something there.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

The stores in Canada are so far ok, so the one fairly local to me will still be open, but one of the locations in Buffalo that I used to go to all the time is closing, kinda sad about that (even though I haven't been there in years to be honest).

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

We are losing a Toys R Us and a Babies R Us in Rochester, NY. Very sad. We still have one left, but the one closing is a part of my childhood. It used to be a Kiddie City, then Child World, then Toys R Us. I can tell you which toys in my vintage collection came from there.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I saw this coming when I worked there ten years ago. They grew too big and added way to any stores. Babies R Us was a terrible idea seeing how most of them are within ten minutes of a Toys R Us and the baby formula and diapers kept families coming in to the store regularly. People had no need to go into Toys R Us outside of Christmas or a Birthday after that.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

^I'm wondering if that's the way they go sometime down the road. Just close their regular stores and then switch to their mall stores during the holidays. Kind of like Hickory Farms.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I read that some of the stores will be combining with Babies R us

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

i just checked the list and the two by me are remaining open. whew!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎