X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

RIP Basil Gogos

I haven't seen a ton on this - I actually came here for confirmation. Anyone have info?

• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^It's true...and I am devastated.

I owe him everything when it comes to my art. If not for that man I would have never picked up a paintbrush. I met him several times over the years at conventions,
    and he always remembered me, was happy to look at my work and to offer praise as well as advice on how to improve. His warmth, encouragement, enthusiasm, and inspiration meant the world to me.
    He was a true visionary and a gentleman who I am lucky to have known.

May he RIP

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Oh wow. Very sad news.

I now really wish I had spoken to him at our local con last year. Every time I went by he was in a conversation with someone, and I didn't want to interrupt.

A true innovator, and he gave us the way the monsters look in our MINDS, not what we saw on screen. Genius.

RIP.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Been following him on facebook for a few years now. So glad to have a signed print of his Tusken Raider in my collection. What a master! The way he worked with light is a lost art. This is a profound loss.

Rest in Peace, and thank you for the imagination fuel, Basil Gogos.

Comment

• Brazoo
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
          ^It's true...and I am devastated.

I owe him everything when it comes to my art. If not for that man I would have never picked up a paintbrush. I met him several times over the years at conventions,
          and he always remembered me, was happy to look at my work and to offer praise as well as advice on how to improve. His warmth, encouragement, enthusiasm, and inspiration meant the world to me.
          He was a true visionary and a gentleman who I am lucky to have known.

May he RIP
          Lovely tribute. You can certainly see how much he influences your work, so it's wonderful to hear that you got to know him personally.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎