Originally posted by warlock664
    Re-release?
    Or re-do?
    Or re-head?

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Although I acknowledge the head on the figure was a disappointment after expectations were high, my main gripe with the figure was the odd shade of blue they chose. A shade closer to navy would've been more Adams and Aparo appropriate.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Re-release?
        Or re-do?
        Originally posted by greensavage2000
        Or re-head?
        All of the above!

Although I acknowledge the head on the figure was a disappointment after expectations were high, my main gripe with the figure was the odd shade of blue they chose. A shade closer to navy would've been more Adams and Aparo appropriate.
        The head had deformed ears (or a deformed ear), the bat chest insignia was lopsided (to match the head's ears, I guess!), the suit was ill fitting, and the material used for the shorts fit more like a used diaper. And, yes, the head was too big too. A figure so awful that I could not fix it, not on a Type S, not with different boots or gloves... just terrible!

That's why I don't always mind waiting for the big guns. I'd rather see a messed up Red Tornado early and a great Batman later, than what we got in the opposite.

Of course, I'd rather see none of the figures messed up at all.

Yuck.

Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 25, '17, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

FTC went to the effort of darkening their standard-release Batman, and the colors of SF Bats were nice. But that powder-blue they want to slap on everything new is not good for Batman or some villains.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

When Adams and Aparo were drawing the character, Bats was nowhere near navy. His blue parts were the same color as Superman's costume. The Kenner Super Powers figures captured the color scheme almost perfectly.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I feel like the Justice League Batman (remember him?) was a good shade of blue for the Adams and Aparo Batman.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I feel like the Justice League Batman (remember him?) was a good shade of blue for the Adams and Aparo Batman.
                SuperSons07.jpg
                this right here.....
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21666[/ATTACH]
                  this right here.....
                  Yep, that's about right...

Comment

• DC_Guy
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 18, 2008

I'd like to see a modern Batman with the same shade of blue as what was used for the '66 Batman. If I can find the right shade of paint to re-paint the head, I might try doing a kitbash myself...

Comment

• Figure8
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 18, 2016

I got Dr Fate today and I'm really pleased. I wasn't that impressed with the pictures initially, especially with the way FTC handled the shoulders and his amulet. But, as with several of FTC's recent figures, I like this one much better in hand. Overall I really prefer the 'simplistic' approach to exaggerated detail, as seen on Boomerang or Poison Ivy. The main point for me is: Does this look like something Mego might have made? And this figure certainly does i feel. Really nice work, FTC. Please keep making them like that!
                      By the way, I even like their updated Batman much more than I thought possible. After the pics and reviews here I really didn't want him. But then I got him for Christmas and I had to revise my opinion. I would have preferred different colors, and the head IS too big, but apart from that the sculpt is actually one of their best.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎