X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Syfy's Krypton update

Set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet, Krypton follows Superman’s grandfather (Cameron Cuffe, The Halcyon) — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos. The Seg-El name is both a nod to Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel and a reference to John Byrne’s 1980s miniseries, “The World of Krypton.” Cameron Cuffe is set to play Seg-El along with Georgina Campbell as Lyta Zod.

Krypton will be executive produced by David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Knight trilogy) through his Phantom Four banner. The pilot teleplay and story is written by David S. Goyer & Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles). Krypton will be produced by Warner Horizon Television and is based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, published by DC Comics. Damian Kindler (Sleepy Hollow) will serve as executive producer and showrunner.

Krypton Adam Strange Shaun Sipos.jpg

Syfy‘s upcoming DC Comics prequel series Krypton has cast Shaun Sipos (Melrose Place, The Vampire Diaries) as Adam Strange! Adam Strange will be depicted as a world-weary human stranded on the planet Krypton who becomes a mentor to Superman’s grandfather Seg-El. Krypton premieres in 2018.
    SuperHeroHype
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

So Adam Strange is a Krypton accessory? Bleh.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Adam Strange is someone who should have had his own TV series by now.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

^^^ or a really kick-a** movie.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Pretty COOL pic of Brainiac!

Our first official look at the villain Brainiac in the upcoming Krypton TV series has been revealed. Actor Blake Ritson plays the villain in the series.
          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

I watched the premier episode and it was interesting enough that I will tune in for the second episode. I still have my "World of Krypton" and "Krypton Chronicles" from when I was a kid and I always loved anything that flashed back to Krypton in any of the TV Shows so I might be a little biased. Regardless, it has high production value and the story was pretty interesting. Did NOT have a CW feel to it, at all (thankfully).

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

I agree. I think the set up in the first episode was good enough to make me watch the second. Mostly a Sci-fi political/ family drama with some Superman mythos thrown in.

Spoiler.....

I guess the time-travel element could take it anywhere though.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I graciously disagree...IMO...it was exactly like a typical CW show. Bunch of young pretty millennials...mediocre acting, insipid dialogue. Although I’ve seen a few episodes of The 100, not bad.

The Special-effects were good though.

Nothing but bickering, throwing punches, etc...not exactly sophisticated stuff.

I’ll give it one more try...but it’s not looking good to me...

I’m a huge Supes fan, but Krypton didn’t do anything from me.
                sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
                  I graciously disagree...IMO...it was exactly like a typical CW show. Bunch of young pretty millennials...mediocre acting, insipid dialogue. Although I’ve seen a few episodes of The 100, not bad.
                  Yeah, can't disagree that it's not Emmy television, but if you like the Superman universe, it might be fun to find the clues. To me, the premise is kind of like Gotham (although not the same tone), in that it's looking at the world before Superman came along to show how things got the way we know them.

But heck, we are getting older. EVERY show will have pretty young millennials. And more than half the shows we watched growing up and collect Megos of had mediocre acting and insipid dialogue.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I noticed the Cast is mostly British(which is not a bad thing)...I wonder if that was influenced by Terrence Stamp playing General Zod?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I enjoyed the first episode. slow moving but it was setting up the series. I will continue watching. production values are good. Brainiac looks great.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

I enjoyed the premier. It does fall into that "Millennial's only need apply" trap most all TV superhero based shows succumb. George Reeves was no twenty something, nor was Adam West, but times have changed I suppose. Lynda Carter was, but the not almost the entire supporting cast.

Anyway, it was fun and shows promise. It looks great, and had a of references to the Reeve movies, including music cues. I look forward to the next episode.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

The CWs The 100 is full of millennials, but it’s way more entertaining than the bore fest called Krypton.

But I’ll give it one more try...
                          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I didn't make it all the way through the first episode.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

The show is actually improving a bit. Pretty cool to see a well-executed, live version of both Braniac and his ship.
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎