X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Logical ReAction Figures

The recent thread about Funko Pop doing The Black Hole has brought up a discussion about how logical a ReAction line based on that film would be. I do agree, and that's got me thinking of what else do those on the message board think would make logical choices?

My number one choice remains The Princess Bride. To me this would be an obvious series that would be popular with many people, with several characters whom I think would sell well, including some variant options (Farmboy Westley, the Dread Pirates Roberts version in black, and his look at the end).

What lines do you think would make the most sense, particularly like PB that never had toys back then?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Krull and Dragonslayer.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like the idea of Princess Bride.

And personally, Addams Family.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I cannot believe this has not be mentioned. Since Funko is good at releasing unproduced figures why not The Greatest American Hero(es). It would be great if we could get:

Ralph Hanley/Great American Hero
        Bill Maxwell
        Pam Davidson
        Holly Hathaway/Great American Heroine
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          I cannot believe this has not be mentioned. Since Funko is good at releasing unproduced figures why not The Greatest American Hero(es). It would be great if we could get:

Ralph Hanley/Great American Hero
          Bill Maxwell
          Pam Davidson
          Holly Hathaway/Great American Heroine
          I'd buy those, but I'd want it sold as Ralph Hinkley, not Hanley.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Since they have a foot in the DC door with Batman 66, I'd love to see a straight up continuation of Mego Pocket super heroes, complete with unpainted facial features, chromed emblems, etc. Just imagine how cool those would be.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Krull and Dragonslayer.
              Agreed 100%.

And I'd also like to see figures from Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, The Beastmaster and The Sword and the Sorcerer.

My number one choice remains The Princess Bride. To me this would be an obvious series that would be popular with many people, with several characters whom I think would sell well, including some variant options (Farmboy Westley, the Dread Pirates Roberts version in black, and his look at the end).
              Yes, also a great choice.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica in Re-action figures. it would fit with what Funko has been doing, and theoriginal line feels so incomplete. The A-Team and Knightrider would work if they are willing to make the vehicles like they did with Batman.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  Krull and Dragonslayer.
                  Good options. Another film from that era that I associate with these is Ice Pirates, and I get why it didn't have anything at the time, but I'd love to have that now as I look back.

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                  I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica in Re-action figures. it would fit with what Funko has been doing, and the original line feels so incomplete. The A-Team and Knightrider would work if they are willing to make the vehicles like they did with Batman.
                  I agree that vehicles could make a real difference, including (at least for me) some of the ships for Battlestar Galactica. But to me there's also an appeal in "completing" some lines from then, so we'd get the rest of the principal characters from BG, Hawk for Buck Rogers, Zeus for Clash of the Titans, etc.

I don't know about how marketable it is, but personally I'd like to see Rockford with his Firebird. Maybe a "classic cops & PIs" line? Remington Steele, Columbo, Kojak...

And I'd like 3 3/4" figures of Kolchak and Barnabas Collins, although both probably are better in ReMego form, honestly.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

Reaction figures are no longer with Funko they are back with Super 7. If we are discussing figures similar to the 9 Points of Articulation figures like - 1966 Batman, Twin Peaks and Stranger Things then I would love to see everything that has been mentioned here. Add to that :
                    1) Battle Beyond the Stars
                    2) V
                    3) The X-Files
                    4) Bonanza
                    5) Star Trek (that first attempt was a mess- Funko has proven they are capable of better!)
                    6) The Orville
                    7) Westworld
                    8) Game of Thrones (they did one wave, but this last season certainly justifies more!)

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

There are some great ideas here, I'm looking forward to the Planet of the Apes figures that are due out this year. if Funko ever does make Battlestar figures, I have a scale Viper I'm building that will be ready for them!

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Barbarella
                        Galaxina
                        Starcrash
                        Munsters
                        Elvira
                        Vampirella

CCC.

Comment

• acrovader
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2011

Krull.
                          Last Starfighter.
                          Logan's Run.
                          Battle Beyond the Stars.
                          Megaforce.
                          (And 'Message From Space', 'the Humanoid'- the Richard Kiel one.)
                          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

MST3K hosts, bots and mads, along with whatever PD movie characters they can get away with, Jan in the Pan, Herc, Trumpy, Colossal Man, etc
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

I'd like a Time Bandits series. They could be sold in two packs.

Blade Runner
                              Land of the Lost
                              Jonny Quest
                              Space 1999
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀