Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Batcave

Images
    I received the Pocket Super Heroes JLA table and chairs set yesterday. Here is a comparison to a Playmates Star Trek chair for 1/18 scale.

Only about a 1/16th inch difference.

Used my DCIH box set Wonder Woman because she was handy. No significant difference.

Looks acceptable at the table.

CCC.

Images
    Quick fix. Trace the base of the chair on a piece of foam core board, cut it out and stick it to the base of the chair with double stick tape. WiP.

CCC.

Images
    Table and 3 chairs done. Figures look more comfortable now.

CCC.

Images
    I was waiting to locate all 8 figures for the logos on the chairs for this pic. but I got the last 2 pieces of my HoJ a few minutes ago and decided to do a 2fer.

CCC.

Images
    Merry Christmas. Justice League Christmas party.

CCC.

Images
    One more Christmas shot, the Ghost of Christmas yet to come...

CCC.

Woooooow...drool. I'm so envious. It's beautiful!!

Images
    SOMETHING BIG. I have been planning this, probably not as long as Dean Martin in the movie of the same name, for a while now. Acquiring the chairs finally let me do it. First I printed out the table top and laminated it to a piece of cardboard. Then I made the base and leg and glued it together. Then I printed out the portrait from Smallville and made the walls from scratch in Paint. I mounted the walls on foam core board and assembled.

CCC.

Images
    Because of a comment about my furniture, I decided to take a quick look at the chairs available to 1/18 scale. From left to right: Parlor chair from the Halloween collection at Michaels, folding chair from World Peacekeepers HQ playset at Big Lots, Armchair from BifBangPow's Shark Tank box sets, Justice League chair from Pocket Superheroes line by DC Direct,and Star Trek bridge chair from Playmates movie bridge playset. The only chair I know about right now that I do not have is the Mego Hall of Justice/Fortress of Solitude playset chair from the Pocket Super Heroes line (note the spelling).

CCC.

Images
    I found this papercraft tv Batcave at AFT downloads. These are the only 2 pieces I have done so far. Thought I would shoot a pic to see how well they scaled.

CCC.