• Show
Clear All
  • Grüner Pfeil
    Teen Titan
    • Feb 21, 2016

World's Finest original? art

Discovered this a few days ago:
    wf1.jpgwf2.jpgwf3.jpgwf4.jpgwf5.jpg
    Does anyone of you have some knowledge on things like this and can give me some information about the value and whether it's original?
    According to my research Ross Andru was the Penciller and Mike Esposito the Inker.
    Any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by Grüner Pfeil; Sep 9, '17, 2:42 PM.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Don't have any information to add but the pages sure are nice. I'd imagine if original art each page is worth a few hundred. I have a couple issues of World's Finest the supersons justice league (231) and the Evil genie cover (232)

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
      Teen Titan
      • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
      Don't have any information to add but the pages sure are nice. I'd imagine if original art each page is worth a few hundred. I have a couple issues of World's Finest the supersons justice league (231) and the Evil genie cover (232)
      Alright, thanks. The problem is that I need to be sure this is original since I don't want to spend the money on a fake. Of course, the seller claims this to be original.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

It definitely looks original to me and I deal in vintage paper...you've got blue-line paper, original pencils showing through, glue residue and tape from copy paste that's browned with age, editorial and censor stamps, dates in ball point pen, and general soiling/ink transfer from other pages. Way too many things going on there for it to be a fake.

If someone brought that into my store I'd buy it in a heartbeat, no question.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
          Teen Titan
          • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by enyawd72
          It definitely looks original to me and I deal in vintage paper...you've got blue-line paper, original pencils showing through, glue residue and tape from copy paste that's browned with age, editorial and censor stamps, dates in ball point pen, and general soiling/ink transfer from other pages. Way too many things going on there for it to be a fake.

If someone brought that into my store I'd buy it in a heartbeat, no question.
          Thank you for your help. Yes, I see, you've really got a point there. The only thing I'd still need is some luck.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Counterfeiters tend to go for the bigger game, Kirby, Ditko etc. Not to say this piece isn't seminal but it's a lot of work to fake it.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
              Teen Titan
              • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
              Counterfeiters tend to go for the bigger game, Kirby, Ditko etc. Not to say this piece isn't seminal but it's a lot of work to fake it.
              Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Gruener, I would go to a comic show and go to one of the dealers and ask for their opinion, that's the best way to gauge a price range for what you have.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

If you are on Comicartfan, http://www.comicartfans.com/ site they actually have chart of how well certain art has sold. I think you have to be a premium member in order to use that part of the site. BTW, that are looks to be the real deal original pencils and inks. I collect original art and it has the all the markings of the original art. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                    Teen Titan
                    • Feb 21, 2016

Wow, thanks so much for your support and help. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that I got outbid. If you're interested, the final price was 313,88€. I would really have loved to own this special piece of comic history and art but you can't be lucky every time.
                    Last edited by Grüner Pfeil; Sep 16, '17, 1:34 PM.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                      Teen Titan
                      • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                      Gruener, I would go to a comic show and go to one of the dealers and ask for their opinion, that's the best way to gauge a price range for what you have.
                      Nevertheless, would you mind asking one of the dealers if you're visiting the comic show anyway? Though I got outbid, I would still be interested in what they say.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎