Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I wonder if he will show it on a future episode and give a shoutout to FTC?

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by tjacwave50
      I wonder if he will show it on a future episode and give a shoutout to FTC?
      You have to think it will at least make an appearance. He always has a lot of toys and stuff around him to check out. I definitely want to get this figure. The only hosts I remember growing up were Super-Host out of Cleveland 43 and the Nite-Owl from her in Columbus. I don't think FTC makes a body type that would be right for Elvira.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

He arrived today, actually is on the fat body, usual floppy neck, loose legs and arms, and the really crappy part, hat that DOES NOT FIT on the head!!!! I might just pack him up and ship him back to Tampa. I was really thinking he might be ok until I opened it up. Disappointing as usual from FTC.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I suspected the hat would be a concern, judging from the prototype. Would a WOz one work?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I paid nearly 40 bucks, the hat he came with needs to work. Ridiculous that I have to customize a figure that costs that much.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Ridiculous that I have to customize a figure that costs that much.
              Absolutely.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The hat is the Penguin TV series hat in black. I happen to have a FTC WOZ hat and it does fit, but its not the same shape as the top hat and not really right for the friend of Berwyn. :(

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

That is disappointing. I thought this one of FTC's more inspired offerings.

Is too small... would heating it up expand it enough to fit?
                  Or does it just not sit right on the rooted hair, and you'd need some sort of adhesive to keep it in place?
                  Or is it just unsalvagable?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

If I push it down on the head it pops back up, its too small for the hairy head.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Geez. That's a real shame. I really wanted this figure, but now I'm not so sure. FTC is so frustrating. I want to support them, but paying $40 for an essentially defective item isn't something I'm fond of doing.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 12, 2004

The FTC guys simply couldn't care less about quality control. They never have, and they never will.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I don't understand that mentality. Maybe it was all those "quality standard testing" markings on Kenner products as a kid. I know other companies like DC Direct (Now DC Collectibles) have had serious quality issues, but at least they eventually addressed them.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Bummed to hear 'Goolie is dodgy… was hoping this might be a new launch for FTC worthy of continued monster fan interest. Clearly Neca is the only company that can pull off a proper Vampira.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

Pics in hand?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡