This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doink1
    • Jul 31, 2014

Skullface is right on this issue... I purchased 14 figures loose from Brownboy, they were taken off the card and shipping was part of the price.. nice deal and stuff I wanted opened. However, I wanted to buy the 7 Presidential Monsters... I was told Loose $215. Well, these figures don't hold there value loose. I asked.. "can I pay the exact shipping to keep the card intact?". Shipping for them intact is $300 I was told. Texas to Oregon. LOL. $85 to put 7 carded figures in a box? come on. This logic loose and carded make zero sense. Oh well, I was happy with the first deal.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Ok so now I understand the points.

Don't know the exact weight but I suspect this was all shipping priority mail, which in one large box plus packing would be very expensive.
      Also too you have to watch the "Mail Box Etc" places...they will try and gouge you on shipping large items for no effin reason.
      Case in point: When I sent Scott A a box of loose clams, mind you no figures, but loose clams, to his house in Oregon from Oklahoma the
      Mail Box lady tried to charge $54! I took it directly to a USPS station, and was able to send it to him, for our agreed upon price of $12,
      by simply asking them for the best economical rate. This turned out to be their new USPS Retail Ground service, which is better than or comparable to FedEx Home Delivery.

And whenever I'd do large items like this I break them up into the smallest boxes, grouping so many per box.
      It breaks the weight down which breaks the cost down. So using my example, 5 clammed figures would come in at
      $8.50 on the new USPS service, plus cost of box if you have to buy one, which would be about $12 total per each box, x 2 shipments
      (7 PM plus loose figs) = $25 shipped.

YMMV
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• doink1
        • Jul 31, 2014

LOL. now do your math on the original post:

Full set of Presidential Monsters
        Selling my set full set of 7 Presidential Monsters - $800 shipped (US only, Paypal preferred) OR all loose for $400 shipped

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Reading this thread hurts my brain What is the point here?!?

browboy71 has posted what he will sell them for loose. He has apparently told you what he will sell them for carded. If you don't like the offer, then... erm... don't buy them? Does this really warrant multiple pages of debate?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎