Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

This is looking nasty, right up into South Carolina, I have elderly relatives in Melbourne and I'm guessing
    they will have to evacuate to shelters.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by J.B.
      My Cousin in Miami will be taking his family to Georgia until Irma decides to settle the hell down. Has anyone heard from toys2cool?
      Seems like he hasn't posted in years. But that's the first MM member I thought of.

Anyway sending love and support out to those in Florida. That's gotta be tough to put your life on hold, drive out of state. Then worry the whole time about what could happen to your place and the surrounding areas.

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Hope everybody stays safe.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megomania
          $99 cases of bottled water is what I heard in Houston....same in FL? Stay safe!

-Chris
          Water was never a problem here, its just out everywhere, gas is running down, too. After the storm all the free water you can get pretty much during 2004 from churches and charity.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Mister Planet of the Apes himself Dave LePage is down there too ...

Stay safe buddies ---

Comment

• Spawn67
              Career Member
              • Aug 14, 2009

I'm in Orlando now and it looks like I will be here all throughout next week.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Irma looks like a monster.
                I know we have a couple of members in Puerto Rico and southern Florida. Please be safe.
                Thank you Paul! Irma just left Puerto Rico and left several flooded areas and lots of broken trees. Aside that, we are very grateful to the Lord that no lives were lost. Currently without electrical power in most of the island, and we'll probably be like that for a few days...

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Been getting updates from family from Miami to Tampa… the beast storm is one thing, the humanity fail is another. My dad was explaining the "hurricane-zombie-effect" that he's been observing while shopping and getting gas over the past week. He described it as a strange state with empty store shelves, gas stations closed and limited groceries while people wander aimlessly holding cell phones, no longer able to speak clearly or otherwise have purposeful self-consciousness in public. He also noted an extravaganza of car wrecks and pedestrian fighting in the parking lots of Publix.

One thing that most of the rest of country doesn't quite understand about Florida is the time it takes to evacuate; it's impossibly long for many communities with bottlenecks along the only two major interstates on each coast. The morning traffic report stated 18 to 24 hours to drive from Tampa to Jacksonville. Regardless of where the monster goes, many folks have no choice but to lock-down and hope for the best.

Stay safe out there and best of luck to the South.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

With the current track, there really is nowhere safe to go in FLA, its going from bottom to top and will still be a hurricane in So. GA. Looks like it will be worse than 2004.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JRT!
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 6, 2015

I have a friend in Florida,hope he's safe.

I am curious though. How come we never get things like this over here in Scandinavia? I have to admit,I love a good storm,as long as no lives are taken,but we never get them. Probably why I love it when anything happens on any of my US trips. Like a good thunderstorm or flash flood,that kinda thing.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by JRT!

I am curious though. How come we never get things like this over here in Scandinavia? I have to admit,I love a good storm,as long as no lives are taken,but we never get them. Probably why I love it when anything happens on any of my US trips. Like a good thunderstorm or flash flood,that kinda thing.
                        I'm not a meteorologist, but I would hazard a guess that since Scandinavia is sort of landlocked between Sweden and Norway, is in a somewhat mountainous region (if Google Earth's images are correct), and is fairly far north of the equator, those would all be contributing factors as to why you don't see any hurricanes or any tropical systems in your area.
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by JRT!

the water is too cold in your corner of the world. the monster storms that have happened this year are because the water down there is so warm, warm water feeds the storm

Comment

• JRT!
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 6, 2015

Thanks for the explainations guys! Yeah, I was kinda thinking it must have to do with the climate and coldness.....and I don't mean the people here,lol.......and the landscape that it rarely happens here. We MIGHT get a weak little thunderstorm if we're lucky,and that's it. Rains a lot here,then soon there'll be several months of snow,which I hate,and then a VERY short summer. The weather is as bland and boring as the country and the people that live here,lol!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                              Made in the USA
                              • May 2, 2003

For those curious, here is an interesting site that supposedly pools all of the weather tracking information from the various agencies around the globe and runs a simulator:

Live wind, rain, radar or temperature maps, more than 50 weather layers, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models with high resolution

Buttons on the side (Wind Speed, Wind Gusts, Waves, etc) change the map as well as the Calendar & Time.

For those remaining in it's path, stay safe as you can and see you on the other side of this thing.
                              Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• LadyZod
                                Superman's Gal Pal
                                • Jan 27, 2007

Just checking in. We're all hunkered down with our hoard of easy mac and publix brand mountain dew (since they were out of water.)
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                                Check out my art:
                                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎