X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by JRT!
    I know the US is a huge country,I've travelled all over it,lol! Greyhounding and Amtraking from New York to LA takes three days,and that's non-stop with just some rest stops here and there. I was just kinda curious as to why it's almost always the US that get these kinda things,to which I got a reply to. And my guess was right. The location I'm in and the climate and such,just makes it so I don't get to experience this kinda thing,hence the comment about loving it when the small stuff happens whenever I'm in the US. I've missed a few things by a day or two....an earthquake in LA,some snowstorms in New York,that kinda thing. Guess I'm just a disaster freak. As long as no one gets hurt of course.

That said,I have not heard from my friend in Florida yet,so just hope he's ok.
    I'd rather say I'm in awe of Mother Nature, than say disaster freak myself...
    Last edited by Hector; Sep 11, '17, 1:12 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• JRT!
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 6, 2015

LOL Hector! Good one. Maybe I'll use that from now on,lol.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

8 inches of rain total, one dead swimming pool, lots of trees down, no power till now. House is fine, neighbor lost his roof, its was really bad here, worse than expected. To Mr. Marion: I don't think it was overhyped, if its not shoved down the throats of people about the potential of a storm, they will not prepare or get out of its way. Hurricanes don't cooperate with meteorologists so its a crapshoot on predicting these things.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Center came very near me, I was on the east side Hurricane force winds for hours.
          Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 12, '17, 4:45 AM.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

glad to hear you made it through, tbolt. Eastern ridge is supposed to be the hardest hit for winds. I hope things get cleaned up and back to normal as soon as possible for you and all our other members in the path of this storm.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎