Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steevy
    • Jan 8, 2013

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Hey guys,

I don't know if you agree with me but a life without challenge and risk is not worth living.
    What's the craziest thing you've ever done or the biggest risk you've ever taken?
    A year ago, I gave $200 to a homeless person.

Here are crazy risk takers on wheels, OMG!
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Nobody?

OK...I'll bite.

I bought a super realistic chicken mask, wore it into the lobby of KFC shaking my fist and screamed "You murdered my brother!" then ran out.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I flew a confederate flag up the flagpole at a New Jersey National Guard barracks

It absolutely wasn't a racist thing -- It was back in the day when a confederate flag stood mostly for Southern Rock

Never got caught - didn't realize until afterward I could have got into some serious trouble

The dumb things you do when you're young

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

While working ambulance we arrived on scene to a house fire before the firefighters.
        The parents were outside screaming their baby was still inside the house.
        I told my partner to help them and I ran in.This was completely against protocol and stupid.
        When I got in I hit the floor on my hands and knees and crawled as fast I could in and out of rooms until I reached the babies room.
        The crib was on fire and so was the unconscious baby.
        I smothered the fire with my uniform jacket and ran with the child out of the house to the ambulance.
        starting infant CPR,halfway back to the hospital that baby started breathing and screaming.
        The child survived she lost 3 fingers on her right hand and most of her toes with severe burns to her arms and legs.
        The fire department arrived while we were leaving the scene.
        That was 21 years ago.I never worked ambulance after that day.
        Craziest thing I ever done.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Back in the early 80's, I went to McDonald's and ordered a Whopper.

Later that same day, I went to Burger King and ordered a Big Mac.

I'm so thankful that I survived those wild and crazy juvenile delinquent years.

Comment

• Moxen
            Museum Patron
            • Nov 6, 2016

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
            Back in the early 80's, I went to McDonald's and ordered a Whopper.

Later that same day, I went to Burger King and ordered a Big Mac.

I'm so thankful that I survived those wild and crazy juvenile delinquent years.
            Oh yeah? I ordered my McDonalds- in full Hamburglar costume!

Don't worry, I paid.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
              While working ambulance we arrived on scene to a house fire before the firefighters.
              I told my partner to help them and I ran in.This was completely against protocol and stupid.
              When I got in I hit the floor on my hands and knees and crawled as fast I could in and out of rooms until I reached the babies room.
              I smothered the fire with my uniform jacket and ran with the child out of the house to the ambulance.
              starting infant CPR,halfway back to the hospital that baby started breathing and screaming.
              The child survived she lost 3 fingers on her right hand and most of her toes with severe burns to her arms and legs.
              That was boss, mad respect...
              sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                Holy crap, crazy but amazingly heroic! Huge props to you sir!

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

When I was a kid me and a few buddies went Trick-or-Treating in June. Got all dressed up - people actually gave us junk.

My buddy and I rented scooters in Santorini, Greece and rode along this windy road highway that was right up against the cliffs. Can't even fathom what the drop off was. One wrong turn and you'd definitely go over. Scared the crap out of me - white knuckle ride the entire time. The reason we did it is the cruise ship told us the best sunset in the Mediterranean was at this bar on the other side of the island but since we were on a cruise the fastest way to get there was scooters. We made it and it was the best sunset I've ever seen. We barely made it back to the ship before it disembarked.

-Chris

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

A couple of crazy things...

As a kid, I rode a horse for the very first time, but didn't get any instructions on how to start or halt the animal...then suddenly, it started galloping, I was terrified, as I had no idea how to stop, and I was bouncing up and down on/off the saddle...until a fellow rider got next to the horse and stopped him for me. I might've pooped in my pants, just a tad, lol.

As a second grader, I challenged the toughest kid in class. We sort of started tussling a bit, until I discovered that my opponent was way stronger than me, and started throwing me around like a rag doll. Thank goddess the teacher showed up and saved me from a beatdown. Oh, that kid was a girl by the way, lol.

As a 14 year old, I snatched a a Playboy magazine off the rack of a liquor-type store, my heart was pounding and I was sweating bullets...it was the first and last time I did something like that...typical idiotic teenaged behavior.

I sparred one round with a state golden gloves boxer when I was around 22-23 (he was the same age) at King's Boxing Gym in Oakland. I was a weekend warrior member, but wanted to find out how I'd fare against a polished experienced boxer. Well, it did not fare well...as the first hard right hand of his that landed flush on the chin sat me on my butt...wasn't painful, more like numbing...and I had trouble getting up...until the trainer halted the sparring session...shook the opponent's hand. From then on, I just sparred with fellow weekend warriors, lol.

I got stung by a scorpion, and I was in a lot of pain, but did not seek medical treatment, pretty crazy, or stupid, depending on your point of view...

I once drove my 1978 Datsun 280Z at 120+ mph...again, young and stupid...I felt the car starting to glide off the pavement...and this was at night...thankfully no cars near me...and I immediately let go of the accelerator...stupid, stupid, stupid. Nowadays, I rarely go 70mph, and never go beyond 80mph.

I almost bled to death...as my colon (artery) was beginning to rapture, no family member was home, and instead of calling the ambulance, I drove to the emergency medical unit myself...as soon as I showed up to the info desk, I collapsed...my blood pressure dropped to dangerous levels, I passed out...had emergency blood transfusion. That was the beginning of many surgeries and year long hospital/nursing stay. Again, crazy or stupid, depending on your point of view.

Fun topic!

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

One time in 1st grade I purposefully pee'd my pants in an effort to be sent home.

Sitting in the nurse's office thinking I beat the system I got a horrible surprise........

My mom showed up with a new pair of undies and pants.

Dang !!! ........

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey
                        One time in 1st grade I purposefully pee'd my pants in an effort to be sent home.

Sitting in the nurse's office thinking I beat the system I got a horrible surprise........

My mom showed up with a new pair of undies and pants.

Dang !!! ........
                        That's hard core....lol
                        Funny I've been debating doing this at work ;however, I'm sure my wife would do the same thing your mom did....lol
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎