X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boshek
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2011

Your ideal Bruce Timm DC Animated Series

Let's pretend that Netflix/Amazon/Hulu ordered 12 episodes of a DC animated series produced by Bruce Timm (Batman the Animated Series, Superman, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited). You are in charge of who is featured in the series. Who do you pick?

I would have a big variety.
    1. Batman/Robin/Batgirl vs. Joker/Penguin/Riddler pt 1
    2. Batman/Robin/Batgirl vs. Joker/Penguin/Riddler pt 2
    3. Green Lantern and Green Arrow
    4. Superman solo
    5. Suicide Squad (first team)
    6. New Gods vs. Darksied pt 1
    7. New Gods vs. Darksied pt 2
    8. Doom Patrol
    9. Sgt. Rock and Easy Company
    10. Shazam/Captain Marvel solo
    11. Teen Titans (first team)
    12. Doctor Fate (solo)
    Check out my YouTube page
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Very easy: DOOM PATROL!!!

second choice: Marvel Family
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 3, '17, 12:27 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I had my top three choices in mind before I looked at either of your responses and between the two you, they were listed:

1) Teen Titans (Speedy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and Robin set in the 60s.)
      2) Doom Patrol
      3) Captain Marvel (with Mary and Captain Marvel, Jr. in tow)
      4) Blackhawk
      5) Adam Strange
      6) Captain Carrot
      7) Enemy Ace
      8) Jonah Hex
      9) All-Star Squadron
      10) Justice Guild
      11) Challengers of the Unknown
      12) Kamandi

Now that I look at my list, I miss "Batman: The Brave and the Bold". It was a great way to feature some of the characters and teams that don't usually get the spotlight.
      Last edited by Makernaut; Sep 3, '17, 1:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

New Gods would be the best visually

Shazam would be a great kids show

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Doom Patrol would top my list as well, along with the Challs, the old Suicide Squad, Kamandi, Omac, New Gods. Actually, would love to just see a DC Kirbyverse series tying together everything he worked on at DC. Etrigan, Sandman, Atlas, Green Arrow, Jimmy Olsen, Guardian and the Newsboy Legion, etc
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Oooo, I overlooked Kamandi.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I can tell you Bruce Timm would not do a Shazam cartoon. I would like to see either Doom Patrol or Kamandi (with guest stars of Superman & Batman).
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                I can tell you Bruce Timm would not do a Shazam cartoon.
                Why not?

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

I would love to see something loosely inspired by the Wolfman/Perez History of the DC Universe, where over the course of the 12 episodes they tell the history of the heroes of the DC milieu in 12 standalone episodes. starting with the JSA in the first episode and ending with the Legion of Super-Heroes in the last. Something like...

Episode One: The Golden Age-featuring a story revolving around the JSA with maybe bit roles for Sgt. Rock or some of the other WWII era characters.
                  Episode Two: American Secrets based on the Blackhawks in an an espionage story with Martian Manhunter coming to earth and living in secret a la the American Secrets mini and other possible alien threats, maybe throw in the Challengers of the Unknown and the Doom Patrol into that mix
                  Episode Three: The New Gods-the origins of the New Gods, the Pact, etc.
                  Episode Four: The Coming of the Superman-a Superman oriented episode
                  Episode Five: The Birth of the Bat-a Batman centered episode
                  Episode Six: A Wonder of a Woman-a Wonder Woman centered story
                  Episode Seven: An Age of Heroes-a story involving the new wave of heroes-Atom, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Flash, Green Arrow, etc.
                  Episode Eight: A League of Justice-the creation of the Justice League and a JLA adventure
                  Episode Nine: And the Children Shall Lead them...featuring Teen Titans and other younger heroes/sidekicks
                  Episode Ten: An Age of Darkness: an episode featuring the mystical heroes-Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, Demon, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Zatanna, Madame Xanadu Constantine etc.
                  Episode Eleven: Crisis/Legends or something similar, a big ole adventure mixing and matching all the DCU heroes against a common threat like Darkseid or something similar
                  Episode Twelve: Legacy of Heroes-the future of the DCU and the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Again each episode tells a complete story and can stand on its own, but when taken together as a unit of 12, it tells an overarching history of the DC Legendary Heroes.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Since they were planning time travel episodes for JLU if it went for one more season,let's go with that.

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

JSA - Zanadu the Chaos Master and Return of Superman adaptation (All-Star Comics #60-63)
                      Kamandi
                      New Gods
                      Original Teen Titans
                      Doom Patrol
                      Adam Strange
                      Steel (WW II)
                      Black Lightning
                      The Warlord
                      OMAC

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by MRP
                        I would love to see something loosely inspired by the Wolfman/Perez History of the DC Universe, where over the course of the 12 episodes they tell the history of the heroes of the DC milieu in 12 standalone episodes. starting with the JSA in the first episode and ending with the Legion of Super-Heroes in the last.

-M
                        I like your idea of telling a larger story with the standalone episodes.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Last I remember Bruce thought of Captain Marvel as a ripoff of Superman and always drew images of Superman punching Captain Marvel out at cons. Things could have changed. One of the reasons behind the fact that Captain Marvel did not show up much was the fact that Alex Ross was trying to get his version of the Shazam Family cartoon.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

It's criminal that there's been no Shazam! series since the Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam!. Instant wish-fulfillment for kids, the property belongs more on Cartoon Network than on big screens. So I would go for a Captain Marvel/Shazam series, but you'd have to eventually include Junior and Mary.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Kamandi times ten.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎