Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I guess Dr.Doom,Doom 2099 and "secret identity" Victor Von Doom could be the three they use.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      DST Marvel sets are dwindling down. In 2015 4 sets, 2016 3 sets, and in 2017 only Punisher so far. I think 2nd Deadpool set will be released in 2018 along with Deadpool movie sequel.

I wish DST had released as many Mego Marvel figures (singles not sets) as FTC has Mego DC figures. I like to have plenty to buy than too little.

How can DST Mego Marvel continue at this rate? 1 set a year?
      And that Pirate (of the caribbean) Deapool will start selling once it's heavily discounted

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
        The reason people do so is understandable...there is simply no comparison between the number and variety of FTC DC releases vs. DST Marvel releases. The Marvel business model is ridiculously prohibitive and they are literally leaving money on the table. For as long as DST has been producing these sets we could've gotten what the fans REALLY want which are reissues of the entire Marvel lineup, as well as a couple DOZEN new characters by now. Instead they've produced what six or seven figures? That's pathetic compared to FTC's output. Yeah, FTC has had some quality issues and there are probably a dozen figures with big head syndrome but for crying out loud...they've given us so much it's not even funny.

I am holding out hope that FTC will eventually get the Marvel license. Somebody, somewhere with a lick of business sense will finally wake up. When they start cranking out Marvel figures on individual Kresge cards, I won't be able to get my wallet out fast enough. Til then, forget it.
        If I am not mistaken, FTC passed on the Marvel deal because they were offered the exact same restrictions... 1 character for $80. DST/EMCE took the deal and tried to alleviate the pain of it by offering the three costumes and box reproduction and extra heads and hands. I don't like that deal any more than anyone else, but if FTC had taken it, we would be in a worse place. Not only would they have to sell 1 character for $80, they would of also been baggy suited, brittle bodied, too tightly strung massive headed figures like all the other crap FTC has put out.

My only complaint with EMCE/DST is character selection.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

One figure a year is worse than another company trying to put out a lot more merchandise .
          FTC would have given us the Capt. America corvette and Spidermobile . At the rate of one figure a year some of us will be in nursing homes before we get 20 marvel figures.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I knew It! I just saw on toyark.com New Spring 2018 DST solicits and 2nd Retro Deadpool set is scheduled for March 2018 Release! Along with Deadpool movie sequel no doubt.

Punisher is only retro set for 2017?

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

I want Fishing Spidey next! Just like the Toybiz junk version of old

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                One figure a year is worse than another company trying to put out a lot more merchandise .
                FTC would have given us the Capt. America corvette and Spidermobile . At the rate of one figure a year some of us will be in nursing homes before we get 20 marvel figures.
                When FTC reproduces the Arrowcar, I'll agree with you.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I cannot believe Disney would let DST release only 1 set in 2017- Punisher and let DST hold onto license.

Disney must be pleased with Mezco One:12 Marvel and will give Mezco One:12 Star Wars before Disney will renew DST Mego Marvel.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

If I'm not mistaken, it would be Hasbro that could make 8 inch Mego style figures, but they choose not to.
                    Hence we have DST and EMCE working with a license that requires an $80 price tag.
                    That is the only way the two companies could put these out!
                    They cannot put out single figures at $30 a piece!
                    I'm happy with what they've put out so far.
                    It doesn't seem like it's been that long, and I don't lose sleep if they aren't making 3-4 a year.
                    And... who cares what Mezco puts out? I'm not interested in them, because they are not 8 inch figures.
                    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                      If I'm not mistaken, it would be Hasbro that could make 8 inch Mego style figures, but they choose not to.
                      Hence we have DST and EMCE working with a license that requires an $80 price tag.
                      That is the only way the two companies could put these out!
                      They cannot put out single figures at $30 a piece!
                      I'm happy with what they've put out so far.
                      It doesn't seem like it's been that long, and I don't lose sleep if they aren't making 3-4 a year.
                      And... who cares what Mezco puts out? I'm not interested in them, because they are not 8 inch figures.
                      Well Mezco is doing what "8 inch figures" should be doing today by making High end looking (Flatt-like, Hot Toys- like) Superhero characters...Not staying in the 70's making outdated cheesy looking Superheroes.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

A new deadpool ,is it march-?or May-? .Entertainment earth says may (which is around the time deadpool # 2 comes out )which is more likely,Big bad toy store says march .oh
                        well whatever .seen the pics its kinda interesting ,ill order one .i just hope hes not all alone next year like punisher was so far this year .the box doesnt pic Capt or spidey its much like
                        pnisher box.and may only picture deadpool on the sides like that. .i like cheesy superheros mego figures.

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                          Well Mezco is doing what "8 inch figures" should be doing today by making High end looking (Flatt-like, Hot Toys- like) Superhero characters...Not staying in the 70's making outdated cheesy looking Superheroes.
                          Yeah, how dare EMCE (and FTC) make retro-looking figures with a retro aesthetic for a retro line? 🙄
                          Someone remind me, does this board have an "ignore" feature so I shut out the teemus and ovenmitts of the world?

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I like the retro sets and Diamond has put out some really nice stuff ! It's just taking too long to get new figures and I'm hoping that they don't stop making them like Star Trek remegos. It would be cool if EMCE/DST could produce an 8" HotToys style Spiderman
                            or Ironman (I would pay 80.00)

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
                              Yeah, how dare EMCE (and FTC) make retro-looking figures with a retro aesthetic for a retro line? ��
                              Someone remind me, does this board have an "ignore" feature so I shut out the teemus and ovenmitts of the world?
                              I have collected Re Megos since 90s Playmates 9" Star Trek, Toy Biz 9" Marvel Famous Covers, Hasbro 9" DC and even the awful Exclusive Premiere 9" figures.

And FTC since it's Mego start in 2004 Munsters, Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Mad Monsters, Robin Hood, Pirates, Knights, and Western. When FTC made a big comeback in 2013 I was thrilled they had master Mego DC license and 66 TV Batman and now Super Friends and Hanna Barbara! Yes I had same hopes for DST Mego Marvel but time will tell. NECA has made detailed Megos I have a few of.

I have collected Mezco One:12 since start, too all DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Frankenstein and Space Ghost. I consider Mezco a cross between Mego and Hot Toys. And Mezco DC remind me of the DC Direct 13" figures I collected especially Shazam so far.

$250 Sideshow and Hot Toys 12" figures are way out of my toy budget although I did buy SS 12" Universal Monsters and James Bond when they were only $40 each and $50 Star Wars.

Basically cloth costumed action figures are my favorite since 1972 Mego 8" WGSH when I was 2. So I can collect and enjoy retro Megos like FTC and Modern takes like Mezco One:12. The more the Better!

I agree with enyawd72 and Teemu!

BTW 6"-7" is my favorite all plastic action figure scale. I have collected DC Direct since 1999. And still buy DC Multiverse, Marvel Legends and Marvel Select and Star Wars Black!
                              Last edited by ovenmitt; Sep 20, '17, 9:51 PM.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                                Mego obsessed!!!
                                • Jul 20, 2010

I think when Lonnie started this thread, he was referring to 8inch outdated cheesy looking Superheroes.

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                Which Marvel character sets are you wishing to have produced by DST? Please keep in mind, each set has to contain three versions of one character.
                                Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                I'd like to see more X-men and Avengers. Ghost Rider would be super cool.

Lonnie, I would like to see 3 outdated cheesy versions of Cyclops, not unlike the Wolverine set.

Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎