Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

^FTC variants are repackaged unsold inventory with near-zero costs.

For example, what would sell better: Tuxedo Bruce Wayne or AE Oliver Queen? Queen by a mile and the only rework needed is to remove the mask. But, we get Party Bruce because that requires zero work and the heads are a'bobbin away in the factory.

Re: Marvel, it's pretty clear what's happened. Marvel is the hot property and Hasbro are a bunch of greedy babies scared of competition. Mattel didn't care because RA went plonk and DC had nowhere near the license value Marvel had.

If Doc gets the Marvel license, we're going to hit a remego renaissance because his quality will carry over and hold attention outside our community. That will force FTC to pick up their game.

...and that's the best shot we got before retirement...and the grave

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
      The same way you seem to know they're made to order. Of course, LOGIC says if they weren't selling, they wouldn't keep making them. But they do, so....
      They sell, yes. But the edition sizes are pretty small. For instance, their Jimmy Olsen in Superman suit is limited to 200 (I ordered one and got number 002/200). Their Batman/Robin/Bat-signal and Batgirl/Gordon/Bat-signal were limited to 50 each. So I don't think they're getting rich off the variants, but it is a neat way to blow-out excess stock.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

The same way you seem to know they're made to order. Of course, LOGIC says if they weren't selling, they wouldn't keep making them. But they do, so....
        They don't have to sell...that's the whole point.....made to order means it gets put together as an order comes in whether they sell 1 or 50 figures.....BBTS had FTC make only 25 66 Batman 4 pack sets. They just go into their parts bin and slap it all together and print out cardbacks. They even have the clamshells ready to go...

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
          They don't have to sell...that's the whole point.....made to order means it gets put together as an order comes in whether they sell 1 or 50 figures.....BBTS had FTC make only 25 66 Batman 4 pack sets. They just go into their parts bin and slap it all together and print out cardbacks. They even have the clamshells ready to go...
          Look...I'm tired of arguing. Bottom line is FTC has produced nearly 200 different figures. Diamond has produced SEVEN. That's not my opinion, that's a FACT.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is...Hasbro, Disney, Marvel...All that matters is the restrictive license will prevent a large number of characters from ever getting made.
          Are you happy about that fact? I doubt it, so what is the point? What are you defending? I would love for every person collecting these to get the figures they want, but the reality is it isn't going to happen with the current license. Recognizing that fact doesn't make you a "hater" or a "whiner."

You can be happy with what Diamond has produced and still be disappointed by what they can't.

I wasn't too thrilled with Spider-Man or Cap, but Daredevil and Thor deserve the highest praise. They were incredible. It's just a shame that while FTC is cranking out figures like Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Dr. Fate, Firestorm and Red Tornado, we will never see Dr. Doom, Vision, Loki, or Electro.

I'm gonna end it here. I don't want to upset anyone. That was not my intention.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Look...I'm tired of arguing. Bottom line is FTC has produced nearly 200 different figures. Diamond has produced SEVEN. That's not my opinion, that's a FACT.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is...Hasbro, Disney, Marvel...All that matters is the restrictive license will prevent a large number of characters from ever getting made.
            Are you happy about that fact? I doubt it, so what is the point? What are you defending? I would love for every person collecting these to get the figures they want, but the reality is it isn't going to happen with the current license. Recognizing that fact doesn't make you a "hater" or a "whiner."

You can be happy with what Diamond has produced and still be disappointed by what they can't.

I wasn't too thrilled with Spider-Man or Cap, but Daredevil and Thor deserve the highest praise. They were incredible. It's just a shame that while FTC is cranking out figures like Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Dr. Fate, Firestorm and Red Tornado, we will never see Dr. Doom, Vision, Loki, or Electro.

I'm gonna end it here. I don't want to upset anyone. That was not my intention.
            I agree with you and I don't want DST to make endless and wasted slots of variants either like FTC is doing....(cough! pirate deadpool).

I just didn't understand your statement about FTC making precedence, because right now all we are getting is useless variants and them making very little "new" product right now, but instead just dipping into their parts bins and making (3 stooges variants,tuxedo Batman and robin's etc) while we still don't have Julie Newmar Catwoman

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Back to the subject...

Well back to the subject in the title:
              DST Marvel, wishing for...?

DST, how about 3 versions of Cyclops similar to some fine custom works here at the museum...
              1.jpgBleit1701's original & later versions2.jpg

3.jpgMine just for the heckuvit!

A more modern version like MegoWGSH did 4.jpg

And if you have to have an AE version, this one by PMWasson would work5.jpg

But if the more modern style (meogwgsh's) would work as the AE version, that would be fantastic! 3 costumes and 3 heads.

Probably my biggest "want" would be Cyclops.
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎