X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Force Friday At EE

This may be of interest, I think the new SW toys are out? I live in a cave.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Do any of these figures look like space aliens?? Aside from the Wookie, and a Stormtrooper, the rest look like sci-fi on a slim budget.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

I toured a few stores yesterday to take a look at the new figures.
      5POA are getting more expensive... So are Black Series 6 inch.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Sep 2, '17, 4:58 AM.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

^ Cool cover. I wonder if those are really Daisy Ridley's hand and the Luke prop hand.? These are the things that keep me up at night.

I gave up on collecting Star Wars toys so long ago, despite being a hardcore fan. They're just too infinite. I can't imagine trying to display what must be thousands of figures now. I like them, but it's just too vast. It's a weird collector mentality with me, but I much prefer collecting things from a small set that has an endpoint.

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
          I gave up on collecting Star Wars toys so long ago, despite being a hardcore fan. They're just too infinite. I can't imagine trying to display what must be thousands of figures now. I like them, but it's just too vast. It's a weird collector mentality with me, but I much prefer collecting things from a small set that has an endpoint.
          Amen to that! That's why collecting all the Star Trek 8" Mego toys was a joy to me: there's only so many of them.

However, I must admit that although I quit buying the newer SW figures long ago, and I have fully resisted the 6" series to this point, I had to pick up the 6" scale Landspeeder with Luke Skywalker this weekend. It's just too cool not to have. The detail is amazing, and Luke has most of his accessories including the deleted scenes Gilligan hat/goggles, poncho, and long rifle.

I might have to display it at work, away from the rest of my mainly-vintage collection back home.

--SKot
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I had that meltdown in 1997 with the POTF line, I just remember yelling "IT NEVER ENDS!" and I gave up. Never looked back save for when my kid went through his clone wars phase. I adore vintage SW stuff and could look at it all day but the new stuff just does nothing for me now.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I hear you, that's why it's all about focus. I love Star Wars but focus on collecting vintage toys from the first film only, stuff that came out in 1978-79. Even just vintage from all of the OT is too much for me, modern toys too? Forget it, I don't have the time, space, money, desire or energy for trying to collect all of that!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

I only pick up a favourite character or two from every wave, and even then mostly just the Black Series 6 inch line.
                The 5POA 3.75 inch line certainly has its moments, and I like the semi-retro vibe of those figures.
                But Hasbro's decision to make the Super Articulated 3.75 inch range exclusive to Walmart wasn't an overly popular move.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎