Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotham season 4...the beginning of Batboy...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
    Gotham is the only traditional big Network show I watch...as everything in ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox sucks...except Gotham of course, lol...

I used to watch the Big Bang Theory, but once the baby was born, and Sheldon accepted Amy as a girlfriend, well, it now sucks too...

Midnight,Texas on NBC isn't too bad. As to Big Bang,I only watch it when Wil Wheaton is on.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I like Big Bang, but Cindy and I dropped out of it last season. It didn't really have to do with the birth of the baby, but the show is just tired. It's a ratings winner and they just keep it going, but it honestly should have ended a season or two back, in my opinion.

I've never gotten the nerd hate for it. It's a farce. It's like a live-action cartoon in many ways. Comic Book Men does more damage to the hobby than Big Bang, I think.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ BBT to me s really fake feeling, with lots of forced nerd references that come across that way.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

^BBT characters started out quite authentic and once it caught on, they changed into caricatures. I'd guess the talent has gained massive control, which is par for the course.

Is there one instance of when the actors were giving character control/story input, the show became better? I can't find one. I don't mean like Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore or Seinfeld where the actors were writers from the start. More like MASH or Friends; the talent leverages the studio and the show morphs.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            ^^^ BBT to me s really fake feeling, with lots of forced nerd references that come across that way.
            Yeah, this and the fact that I'm not a fan of Chuck Lorre shows in general.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
              ^BBT characters started out quite authentic and once it caught on, they changed into caricatures. I'd guess the talent has gained massive control, which is par for the course.

Is there one instance of when the actors were giving character control/story input, the show became better? I can't find one. I don't mean like Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore or Seinfeld where the actors were writers from the start. More like MASH or Friends; the talent leverages the studio and the show morphs.
              I only watched a few early episodes and got that vibe, it was a quick turn off for me.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

So..........what did everyone think about last night?

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I DVRed it...will watch it later today...
                  sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Hulu for me; can't wait!
                    This is the only superhero show I still look forward to watching.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by warlock664
                      Hulu for me; can't wait!
                      This is the only superhero show I still look forward to watching.
                      Yup, same here. I stopped watching all the CW superhero shows. Never got into Agents of SHIELD either.

I do watch the Netflix ones, but after the stand alone Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and to a lesser extent, Luke Cage...Iron Fist plain sucked, and was highly disappointed with The Defenders. Hoping that The Punisher is good.

But for now, Gotham is the only one I watch and like.

Loved the new arc with the very beginnings of Batman...the only problem I foresee...once Bruce Wayne turns 18, becomes an adult, turns into a full fledged Batman...what then? Does Gotham morphs into a Batman show or does Gordon remains the central key character, and Batman as secondary (gasp)? Or once he becomes the official Batman...The show Gotham ends?

Those questions cross my mind.
                      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm not really digging the whole Batboy thing. Bruce Wayne is far too visible in the show, IMO. Literally everyone in Gotham, hero and villain alike will know he's Batman later on. He's practically advertising it with this preview.

I think it would be far better storywise to focus solely on Gordon and the villains.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Ok, fellow Gotham fans...you know it's my favorite TV DC show...but...

...I gotta point out the bad too...and yesterday's episode was bad...pathetically bad.

The following contain spoilers....so you have been warned....

Ok, now you have kids getting murdered? And by vicious throat slashing?

Because that's what happened last night...Ra's al Ghul murdered a kid right in front of Bruce Wayne and an incompetent Gordon. To top it off...right after Ra's al Ghul cuts the kid's throat (thank goodness the actual slicing was off camera)...instead of what every single law enforcement officer would have done, blast him into kingdom come...Gordon says, drop your weapon/freeze (I'm paraphrasing because I was rolling up my eyes in disbelief). Seriously? Ra's al Ghul Kills a kid right in front of Gordon and instead of shooting him, he says drop your weapon??????

This Gordon is no cop...he's an idiot.

Wow, such bad writing...and don't get me started on Dog Man...who jumps and crashes through a window chasing a plastered fake bone off a museum skeletal display, lol.

My least favorite Gotham episode by far...this particular writer should be immediately fired on the spot.

Horrible, horrible, horrible...
                          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah it was definitely not one of the better ones.

I'm still not digging the whole bat-boy thing either, and Ra's Al Ghul so far has been totally out of character.

On a plus side though, and this is a MAJOR spoiler for next week...so be warned!

Did you catch that quick peek at Solomon Grundy at the end?! Holy CRAP!

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I know, that end preview was by far the best part of the entire hours, ha,..
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                I'm not really digging the whole Batboy thing. Bruce Wayne is far too visible in the show, IMO. Literally everyone in Gotham, hero and villain alike will know he's Batman later on. He's practically advertising it with this preview.

I think it would be far better storywise to focus solely on Gordon and the villains.
                                Yeah, not a fan of the costume vigilante thing for Bruce, ruins the mystery of if Gordon knows or not.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎