X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
    DiCaprio is a terrific actor...I don't know why that's terrible...
    Like Clooney, I don't see the big deal. Since Titanic, every Leo role has been himself in a different career. So it won't be the Joker I'm watching, it will be "watch Leo Dicaprio play the Joker". That's why what Ledger did was so impressive: the pretty boy from Knight's Tale was impossible to see. There was no correlation between Heath in a previous role.

Leo won't do that. His Joker will have traits of himself that he uses for all his roles. It's like Pacino. After Scent of a Woman he started thinking more about what people expected from him than what the role called for, so each approach became a bigger and bigger exaggeration of that role. Then we got to Devil's Advocate and it's like an imitation of himself. I swear, go watch episodes of Columbo and you'll hear 90's Pacino, then watch anything pre-Scent and you'll wonder if he lost his hearing or something.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Did you see DiCaprio in Django? He was the best part about it, lol.

But I do get your point...DiCaprio is too famous, too known, to play the Joker, I do see what you mean.

Oh, the entire world knows about Al Pacino. The actor playing Michael Corleone in The Godfather no longer exists, lol. I think the screaming started with his Tony Montana/Scarface role, lol...
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
        Jared Leto is a great actor...
        Agreed, he is a great is a great Actor...He just shouldn't be The Joker.
        sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

I always thought Robert knepper ( Theodore "t-bag" bagwell ,prison break ) would have made a great joker ,but I think he's to old for the part now.
          He has the look,build and acting chops to pull it off.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I've always thought Adrian Brody would make the perfect Joker. He looks just like he stepped out of the Comics.

sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Why do they want the director of The Hangover to direct this?

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Brody has been the best choice for about a decade. He wants to do it, too. He lost out to Ledger over money and to Leto because Jared's got that elusive Depp rep.

Hangover director is in good at WB. He's the one putting the pieces together. The treatment was brought to him, he got Scorcese interested...so the leaks are coming from his company.

So this dawned on my early in the morn...

If the kid is born with the smile and has to deal with it through childhood, the first minute some grinning lunatic starts killing, the people who knew him would know who it was. So he can't become "The Joker" as we know it, or even live in a Gotham backdrop that is relatable.

I'd bet this is more of a remake of The Man Who Laughs and their using the Joker name for marketing.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

My whole problem with this movie is: How can Warner Brothers do an origin on Joker when in the comics they haven't really gone into his origin?
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^ I thought that was pretty much covered in the '50s intro of the Red Hood, and elaborated upon in The Killing Joke?
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 5, '17, 8:38 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

^Monitor is getting at his actual bio. The Red Hood stuff is "canon" but Killing Joke is proto-elseworld/multiverse.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I will admit I stopped reading Batman comics when they shifted to New 52, but before that nobody knew who was before the Red Hood (and they keep changing the Red Hood story). Just about time DC does an origin on Joker they change it up. Was he a washed up comedian, a gangster, somebody who need money to support his wife, etc. Joker is the one Batman villain that really does not have a true origin.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

And perhaps that lack of an origin is what makes his character appealing. Once they disclosed Wolverine's origin, I was like "meh, liked it better when I didn't know." Some things are better left unknown....
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Who's to say it sticks? Batman 89 told there version of Joker that was different from the others, Batman Begins Joker were white face paint, then there's the DCEU and the tatted Joker and Gotham tv show is going with Jerome as Joker. If the 'origin' movie is yet another origin in the Cinematic Multiverse than is it really going to matter who plays Joker?

What nobody has reported about and I find it funny is they have to find yet another Batman, because you cannot have a Joker with out a Batman.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                              What nobody has reported about and I find it funny is they have to find yet another Batman, because you cannot have a Joker with out a Batman.
                              Agreed. Who else is going to cause the Joker to fall into that vat of chemicals at the ACE factory? Unless they change his origin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎