• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Joker Origin Movie

I...uhhh...ok....
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Shocking that Scorsese would want involvement in such a project.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Hey, its Leto free so that's a start.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
        The more respectable "Mob guy" genre/"superhero" genre dissonance is there, sure, but I think Nolan somewhat lifted the "superhero" genre itself... and when you add that Nolan's most lauded character was the Joker himself, well... that's a pretty good foundation for anyone.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Hey, its Leto free so that's a start.
          The fact that there was no Leto Joker film (SS2, Batfleck, etc) in production directly after the half-baked and lukewarm received Suicide Squad where Leto was was such a small part of the flick anyway.... well, that almost guranteed he would not be involved in further movies.... the only financial/franchise justification for Leto at this point (IMHO) is his connection to the deeply bankable Robbie Harley.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I just do not understand this movie, it has to have A Batman in it so does that mean we are getting another actor as Batman?

The sad this is Leto is supposed to be in BOTH SS2 & Gotham City Sirens.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Afleck is reportedly out as Batman and DC is now touting that they will be doing different actors in different movies for the iconic characters. IDk, will have to see where they are going with this

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Variety just broke the story that Oscar winner Jared Leto will be reuniting with his Suicide Squad co-star Margot Robbie for a Harley Quinn and Joker centric film.

DC is going to rider there Harley till it crashes....
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

By bringing on Martin Scorsese as a producer, the studio hopes to use the legendary filmmaker to lure his longtime collaborator into the world of comic book franchises.

DiCaprio - that's terrible

Affleck is gonzo again

Leto is ticked, which is exactly what I felt the next day "Joker & Harley" announcements were meant to assuage

This is all due to ATT's takeover and the new boss structure coming in. The current WB heads are desperate to keep their jobs.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

OMG this is hilariously screwy.

From what im getting from this oddly specific take on vague news, it appears WB may be creating a whole new DCU film offshoot so they can retain their "we are dead serious" tone with a series of films while the DCEU Prime trends towards a more fun MCU tone.

If that's the case, then i can't see it as anything more than a "we're not giving up our pro-Frank Miller anti-Schumacher hardcore vendetta that easily" from the WB top brass.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...r-role-1034392

DiCaprio - that's terrible

Affleck is gonzo again

Leto is ticked, which is exactly what I felt the next day "Joker & Harley" announcements were meant to assuage

This is all due to ATT's takeover and the new boss structure coming in. The current WB heads are desperate to keep their jobs.
                      DiCaprio is a terrific actor...I don't know why that's terrible...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

DiCaprio is a lot bigger than most people think...check him out next to Spidey...

Having said that...as much as I like him...DiCaprio's face is too round for Batman...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                          I'm shocked too...but also super excited. With Scorsese involved...you know it's going to be grounded in realism and much less fantastical...we might get that true detective Batman at last...like Nolan, but better...as Scorsese is the king of the gangster movies...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Oh, ok...I see...Leto is not happy...Warner Brothers might want DiCaprio as the Joker.

Again, I love DiCaprio, but again, he has too round of a face for both Batman...and even more so as the Joker, as an actor, he might nail the mannerisms...but he's all wrong physically...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

They should let Jared Leto continue being the Joker, let him prove himself in a full movie about him.

Love or hate his Joker...Jared Leto is a great actor...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎