X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

My wife's geek birthday haul

A week early, but I delivered my wife''s birthday haul to her today to giver something to look forward to as she is on vacation next week...

Part I-the Princess Leia with R2D2 figure from the Star Wars Forcesof Destiny line and the Wal*Mart exclusive edition of the Blueray/DVD combo pack for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (we missed it in theatres while I was laid up)...

The Gryffindor Tower playset from the Nanometal minis line, the Ollie and Wonder Woman 12 inch figures from the Justice League Action line, the 12 inch Wonder Woman figure formthe Super-Hero Girls line, and the 7 inch Wonder Woman figure from the Justice League movie line.

She's a big Wonder Woman, Harry Potter and Star Wars fan, and classic look Ollie with the Van Dyke is one of her favorites as well.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Neat-o.

I've seen those Forces of Destiny dolls in person at TRU. Really nice. Haven't got one yet I'm holding out for a New Hope Leia. The Endor Leia and Wicket set is really tempting though.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I had forgotten the Forces of Destiny stuff was out (or hadn't realized it was). I had picked up the other stuff and was on my way out of the Wallyworld when I saw them out of the corner of my eye. They has Sabine, Rey, Rey with BB8, Endor Leia with Wicket and the LEia I picked up for her. They ranged in price from $19 (Sabine) to $35 (Endor Leia) and some price points in between. I saw other figures in the promo pics when the line was announced, but I am not sure if they are a later wave that isn't out yet, already raided off the shelves, or just not carried by that Wallyworld.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Guardians 2 is already out?
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
          Guardians 2 is already out?
          Came out yesterday, which is what made me make the trip to Wallyworld initially. We missed it while I was laid up recovering from surgery, and I promised her I would get it as soon as it came out.

-M

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by MRP
            Came out yesterday, which is what made me make the trip to Wallyworld initially. We missed it while I was laid up recovering from surgery, and I promised her I would get it as soon as it came out.

-M
            Man, release windows are getting shorter and shorter, I didn't know it came out this week.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Those Forces of Destiny figures look really nice.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎