Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAR WARS: Obi Wan Kenobi Movie is Going to Happen!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

STAR WARS: Obi Wan Kenobi Movie is Going to Happen!!

YES!! I knew that they would do it! And casting Ewan McGregor is a fore gone conclusion!

A new report reveals that the long-awaited and fan-desired Obi-Wan movie from Lucasfilm is officially in development with director Stephen Daldry in talks.

sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I think he was the best part of the prequels and deserves to be in an actually good SW movie.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I think he was the best part of the prequels and deserves to be in an actually good SW movie.
      Couldn't agree more! He really had it down by the 3rd Prequel. I could see some of Alec Guinness's mannerisms in his acting.
      sigpic

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
        We would like to see that as fans.

And, when I was really thinking about it just now, I was thinking: Wow, you gotta think that in the context of the lesser revered SW prequels that Disney (being the owners of the Star Wars prequels where McGregor appeared as a major character) and, McGregor (as the one that played a major acting role in those lesser revered prequel movies) have slightly different, but just as potent reasoning for developing this quickly and efficiently as opposed, say, to a "Jabba" or even a "Yoda" movie which wouldn't be as practical a project to pursue.

Both Disney (owner) and McGregor (actor) both benefit both monetarily and reputation-wise from this inevitable move....and, they both benefit HEAVILY.

Dare-I-say this will be the SW film highest in that "most beneficial" distinction... although, I'm sure there are contenders like "Darth Vader: Year One" and "Padawan Yoda" and "The Boba Fett Octalogy" and "Ewok Warrior Unleashed" and "The Redemption Of Jar-Jar Binks" ... but, yeah, I think that if you had to pick one project above all else, that this "McGregor as Obi-Wan" project is the best choice for the most people: the owners, the actor, and the fans.
        Last edited by huedell; Aug 22, '17, 12:53 AM.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

hard pass. Nothing against the actor as he's great but I just don't need to know what went on between the movies all that much.

Also, it's going to peppered with lots of cameos that will make me cringe.

I do get the fans wanting this though, i would like to see McGregor with a different director.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I liked the actor in the role, too. I just don't see what would be so interesting about him hanging out in the desert watching Luke.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I liked the actor in the role, too. I just don't see what would be so interesting about him hanging out in the desert watching Luke.
              To quote a certain Corellian smuggler: "That's the real trick. Isn't it?"
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by huedell
                To quote a certain Corellian smuggler: "That's the real trick. Isn't it?"
                Right, and sometimes these types of stories turn out to be the best!

Obi-Wan movie!, that is great!

I feel there is a lot they could do with the character.

Even in hiding. He can't free everyone from the Hutts, but he can really make a difference and improve the lives of the people of that environment, before going full hermit.

Even as a recluse, he probably had some secret communications going on with the other planets in the Outer Rim.

He might get to know what's going on in the Galaxy, by occasionally talking to the many pilots, especially if he stops by the Cantina once in a while.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

All I know is...my Butt will be firmly planted in the Theater seat the first Saturday matinee opening week! I'm so glad that they are making this movie...especially since I'm boycotting the Han Solo movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

It would be awesome if it were this:

latest.jpg

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Exactly. Kenobi is the old gunslinger who agrees to saddle up for one last ride. You either have a really dull movie, or you cheapen the original trilogy.

They had three chances to tell a great Obi-Wan story. They used up all that runway. Now it is time to move on. The Star Wars universe is a big place... there are plenty of other, more interesting stories to tell.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Well, like it or not....the movie IS going to be made! The Mouse didn't pay all that money to Lucas to NOT make more Star Wars movies and to me...his one makes perfect sense!
                        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Most of that has been covered by the comics anyways. So really,what's left?

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

I'm surprised no one has brought up Obi-Wan's appearance on Rebels where he confronts Darth Maul, thus negating what could've been one of the greatest hooks to an epic "We meet again" live-action movie.

That said, it appears that the new comics dance around Obi-Wan having a similarly fan-desired clash... that of Boba Fett vs. Obi-Wan... in fact they made the choice to have Luke fight Fett in the home of Obi-Wan himself.... so, is that a hint of what villain might drive an Obi-Wan feature film?

The "former padawn avenging his master vs. the ex-Sith that he almost mortally wounded" angle has been exhausted, but there's still a link (if notably more tenuous) between Fett's father Jango and Obi-Wan, an associate of the man (Windu) who killed his father.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

I'm not real interested in the Han Solo movie, and an Obi-Wan movie as it seems that would muddy the waters and cheapen the characters. I've read they are considering a Boba Fett and Jabba the Hut movies as well. Please Disney, move on.... there's way more interesting stories out there.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡